Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANYONE ATTEMPTED OR ACCOMPLISHED THIS WITH THE 2ND GEN LEGENDs?....MY BUDDY AT WORK WAS TELLING ME THAT I SHOULD GET THIS DONE AND HE WOULD HELP ME....HE SAID IT IS A SOMEWHAT EASY TASK TO ACCOMPLISH AND THAT IT WOULD RAISE THE COMPRESSION AND INCREASE ENGINE PERFORMANCE...IM NOT SURE WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT...SO CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN IN DETAIL....THANX.....:eek:

·
Registered
79 Posts
First of all I can believe that ur buddy has no knowledge of this task what-so-ever. But that's my my opinion. Second, implant this in your head -> more compression = more power.

By "shaving" or to mill the heads means to cut a fine layer of the head from whre the head meets the block. By doing this you decrease the cylinder size therefore when the piston strokes up to compress the gas/air mix there is less space so the compression of the air/fuel is higher. this method of milling the heads is a primitive way to increase hp and torque, but some-what effective.

So what to do now? Let's just take off all of our heads and mill them down to nothing, and shoot our HP out the roof! Not too fast my young padawan learner. There is a major down fall. this will effect the valve train slightly. The timing will be off a little, and at 7000rpm, that little turns into ALOT! And by milling, you risk warping the heads, where the head is not completly flat and can lead to numerous destructive problems. Plus you can mill the head all you want but there is no turning back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.