Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I picked up my Legend from my friends body shop (new Paint) anyway...this morning I just dropped off my girl to work and I was waiting to pull out on the main road off of a little access road and to my amazment a little old lady flew across my hood?!?!?! She ran straight into my front right corner with here bicycle!! She got up quickly and "shook it off". I made sure she was ok then turned to see the damage.... only a huge black scuff on the front bumper, NO SCRATCHES! She tried to give me 30,000 yen about $275 and I would not take it. That's how most accidents are settled here...cash on the spot! I just made sure her bike was ok and pulled her front fender of the bike from the tire so she could go. I went home and a little Meguires took it off, wheeewwwww:cool:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, after I drove away it took me 15 min and I had to pull over to stop laughing. You the kind of laugh that you gasp for are and you can feel how red your face is! I couldn't do that in front of her... you understand.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Man! I got this thing about seeing people fall and stuff. I even laugh when I do something like fall down the steps (while I'm falling) . I am glad to see no one was hurt, but I may have had a problem holding in my chuckles on the spot :D . Thank GOD there were no scratches.

BTW what do you do if you don't happen to have yen on you?... write up an IOU or just RUN?!?!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I don't understand, why didn't you take the money?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:
Man! I got this thing about seeing people fall and stuff. I even laugh when I do something like fall down the steps (while I'm falling) . I am glad to see no one was hurt, but I may have had a problem holding in my chuckles on the spot :D . Thank GOD there were no scratches.

BTW what do you do if you don't happen to have yen on you?... write up an IOU or just RUN?!?!
LMAO :D
I can just imagine the lady getting really scared after slamming into his car and getting pannicky and ripping her bike out from under the car and running off looking back over her shoulder as she tried to mount her bike. Hehehe :D She would probably not watch where she was going and hit something else. :D

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Oh man that's too funny! I know that I shoul be concerned, but when I used to live in Japan (Nara) I've seen alot of the same things... One time a guy ran over my foot with his car because I was standing too close to the street, and when I fell on the ground he continued to drive off, but then slammed on the brakes, backed up (I thought he was going to back over me), stopped about a foot from my head, and then proceeded to get out of the car and help me up, wish me a good day, and ask if I was alright... the car was a Suzuki Wagon R (Those things are funny as $hit to look at)... so it didn't hurt, as I'm sure that one of us could easily pick it up and tip it over... He took my friend and I to Ramen afterwards... quite an interesting time...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.