Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the shop confirmed my worst nightmare. My engine has seized for whatever reason. He said without tearing it apart, he cant really tell exactly why its siezed.

So chances are, this is the death of my legend.

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
Well the shop confirmed my worst nightmare. My engine has seized for whatever reason. He said without tearing it apart, he cant really tell exactly why its siezed.

So chances are, this is the death of my legend.
damn that's bad news bro...isnt seizing due to lack of oil? I had an Isuzu Rodeo that was just DUMPING oil out. One day I tried to drive it to the gas station after it had sat for a night (didnt have any oil to put in it) and about a block from my destination, the engine seized up

no chance of doing an engine swap?

·
Mo*or Mo**h
1,730 Posts
That's bad news for sure.

But, if you decide not to swap engines, I could use some of the 1987 Coupe parts which are not available on other models. In particular, the '87 Coupe, I believe is the only G1 with the brown dashtop. I'd like to make reservations for the dashtop center compartment (box around the Info Unit) with the lid that matches the dash, assuming it's in good shape.

Is your interior leather? Color?

·
Aguy
1,314 Posts
keep us up to date on when/if you're parting her out. I have a few things i need if it's a coupe.

·
Aguy
1,314 Posts
That's bad news for sure.

But, if you decide not to swap engines, I could use some of the 1987 Coupe parts which are not available on other models. In particular, the '87 Coupe, I believe is the only G1 with the brown dashtop. I'd like to make reservations for the dashtop center compartment (box around the Info Unit) with the lid that matches the dash, assuming it's in good shape.

Is your interior leather? Color?
guess that answers my question

·
Aguy
1,314 Posts
Dibs on rear window motor/regulator for both sides, and radio if you're parting out.

·
Mo*or Mo**h
1,730 Posts
I would respectfully request your ThemoValve.

But, I'm detecting a bit of pensivness, here.
Wait a day and think about a JDM engine replacement, or rebuild.

We can get back to parts picking when you've decided for sure,
and a proper amount of time goes by.

Let's show some respect, fGs, a Legend has passed.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Dude I can't believe your Legend gave up. I'm so sorry to hear that. You should swap motor, maybe a 2.7 swap :naughty: Think about man, we got your back.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Engine seize causes...

Most common causes of engine seizure...
>component failure
>failure in the lubricating
>cooling system

Where a component has failed, such as the destruction of a bearing (eg;a connecting rod or a main crankshaft bearing) the engine grinds to a halt as internal friction builds up.

In the absence of any major oil leaks, and if there is no sign of overheating, the most probable cause of engine seizure is sudden failure of an engine component.

·
Registered
69 Posts
sorry to hear that man sucks to see a legend go down :( you should definatly try rebuildin the engine or a swap. dont let your beautiful ride go down like that man.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright. Decision made.

Im gonna rough it on the bus for awhile, save up to put a JDM engine and auto trans (unless it would be cheaper to put in a manual) from a 90 legend. I work at a college so I should be able to get the automotive department to do it for relativley cheap. I just dont know where to get the transmission.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.