Acura Legend Forum banner

she's running hot

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  redtegrs91 
#1 ·
as some of you may know i just got my GS and i keep it at my fathers house while he drives it around until i get my license in feb.

he said that it was running hot, now he does know a good amount about cars, we just havent taken a good look at it yet, and im not exactly sure of the symptoms so we'll see.

maybe it wasnt a good idea traveling 4 hrs away to get it, i hope its smthn simple or not too expensive, i love that car

maybe some of you could tell me your experiences, id appreciate it

thanks

Discussion starter · #3 ·
when i drove it back from philly there was not any overheating at all in fact it was more on the cool side than hot.

my dad drove it probably about 80mi the next day, then about 2 days later he pulled out of the driveway got about a mile down there road and he turned around b.c it got almost all the way to H, he said it could be a fuse that isnt switching the fan on maybe, itcould just need fresh coolant. hopefully it is something simple.

we did notice that putting the climate control on 80 wasn't as warm as it should be.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
so that sounds like it not too bad.

the first thing on my list to do tomorrow was to put fresh coolant in it anyway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.