Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is doing something new. My auto trans shifter has messed up so, to start my car .... I have to put the key into the lock release first, and shift into neutral BEFORE I start the car. If I dont do this, the car starts but I cant put it into drive.

Why is this happening .... and yes, I put my foot on the brake but the shifter remains locked .... unless I unlock it BEFORE I start the car

Any ideas ?
Thanks

· Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem last night. The car would not shift out of Park (I had to use the shift lock) the brakes lights did not work, and the cruise wasn't working.

The problem was my Brake Light Switch wasn't working. It turned out to be a very easy fix. The switch is located on the elbow part of the brake pedal. You disconnect the green connector from the top of the switch and unscrew the part from its bracket. The only hard part was having to lay down and reach under the dash. Honda had the same part as Acura, I don't know if it saved me any money (I paid $56.00 including taxes). The Honda part number for the switch is: 36750-SE0-013. I hope this will help.

· Registered
65 Posts
what kind of tool did you use to unscrew the switch?? Just wondering because I have to replace mine...it's been that way for 6 months now and I'm tired of dealing with it. I took a look at it but couldn't figure out what kind of tool to use to unscrew it. Hopefully I wont't pass out from all the blood rushing to my head from laying upside down for too long!! :giggle:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.