Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up hows it going. I wanted to see if i can get some help from you guys. My Shifter is Locked and I have no brake light . I already have checked all the fuse under the hood and under the steering wheel fuse box. I have already changed the brake light switch over the brake pedal and still nothing. Can you guys please give me a hand. Thanks Guys..

-LivingxL3g3nd :bigok:

·
Registered
88 Posts
i can not remember the exact name but there is an actuator that locks the shifter and yours is probably broken. the same thing happened to mine about a month or two ago. for the time being your going to have to put your key into the shift release and shift into neutral to start it. the part is about 100 and something dollars but its not necessary. i just took mine out so instead of me having to step on the brake to shift gears, i can just shift the gears by pushing the button in. obviously i have a automatic. but its only a safety hazard so you can buy another part or just take it out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I gave up guys my whole dash is out and some guy is taking a look at everything he said there was one wire burned in there. but its only a remote wire. so hes gonna look to see if its that . I changed the whole fuse box first then after the shift sensor on the top of the brake pedal then i changed the sensor at the shift assembly on the side. im like thinking what the hell it might be. because everytime I have a problem this forum SOLVES the case. haha. Thanks guys i'll let you know what it was. :yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.