Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recieved any more parts? I know people were supposedly randomely recieving some of their parts...Anyone taking legal action? Track him down Darren?

Sorry, I'm just curious about this b/c I was once a part of it. I thankfully was able to get my money back after 6 months of "updates" that were really just dishonest setbacks. Thankyou.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
I had asked Eric Jacobs (thoraxe) about his effort recently. No response.

My refund from Import Toys is due tomorrow. We'll see about these "JDM Importers". So far no updates from Marcus at IT.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Matt-- Shinkai (sp?) has been out of business for quite a while, but here's a funny thing that many of you may not know:

the owner(s) moved back to Japan, so a couple of the proprietary customers took over the shop, and it fell to the ground. One of the proprietaries, who drives a Yelllo Toyota Supra Turbo show car, can be seen in Super Street from a couple of months ago... I believe that you may be able to get into contact with him and ask him W T F is going on... if he doesn't try to avoid you... But, Shinkai is dead, as they died right when I was going to build up a drift S13 silvia last year, they went out of business... I'll see what more I can dig up... not many people know what happened, but I believe that I do... heh

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
I heard from Eric Jacobs. They have tracked Dale Davis down and he is promising to make refunds a bit at a time because he doesn't have the money. The total dollars involved is somewhere around $17K. He is also talking about sicing NCIS on him. That will ruin his career in the Navy.

PS: At Carlisle there were two cars in Top Flight bearing Shin Kai Racing decals. I wonder if that's where the money went?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
95Legend6Spd said:
Matt-- Shinkai (sp?) has been out of business for quite a while, but here's a funny thing that many of you may not know:

the owner(s) moved back to Japan, so a couple of the proprietary customers took over the shop, and it fell to the ground. One of the proprietaries, who drives a Yelllo Toyota Supra Turbo show car, can be seen in Super Street from a couple of months ago... I believe that you may be able to get into contact with him and ask him W T F is going on... if he doesn't try to avoid you... But, Shinkai is dead, as they died right when I was going to build up a drift S13 silvia last year, they went out of business... I'll see what more I can dig up... not many people know what happened, but I believe that I do... heh
Ya, I think quite a few of us know about that... http://www.acura-legend.com/vbullet...id=11647&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending That link has pretty much all the threads about him... A member that is in Japan is working on tracking Dale down but I'm not sure how successful this will be. EDIT: Just saw that DaveC said they maybe did find him:EDIT

Ya, Dale worked with Mark Yuen(owns that red G2 coupe with Tantrums)...Last I heard is that Mark was still running SKR but did not want to be affiliated with Dale...I dunno...Guess we will find out soon enough...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts