Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I was just wondering, if the left rear lower shock absorber bushing damage as shown in the photos is able to make the sounds as depicted in the two attached videos?

Video 1 (Pushing car up from underneath): New video by Christopher Wong

Video 2 (Pushing car down from above): New video by Christopher Wong

I'm not really sure what it might be otherwise. Stabilizer link bushings have recently been replaced with polyurethane units. I thought the sound would be due to the worn out old stabilizer link bushings...

Could it be the shocks themselves?

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oh, that's loud. I only know such a crack noise from the coupling rods of the stabilizers. Just wiggle the ends of the bar and take a look.

Greetings
Ralph

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello! When you talk about the coupling rods, do you mean the stabilizer links that connect the stabilizer bar to the rest of the suspension?

If so, I have already replaced the bushings on there with polyurethane units. They don't move, and noise I've been hearing have become a little less, but remains all the same.

I suspect it is the rear lower shock absorber bushings; they seemed to show some wear when I checked. I checked again a few days ago, and it seems like it has worn bit more. I haven't taken the shock out to have a better inspection, but I am certain that it is the shock bushings. The parts...I bought from an ebay store...ans they didn't even last a year. Sigh

I've ordered some polyurethane oem replacements, and I shall see what happens.

They are a Russian brand, and they are reputable. You can find them here: Полиуретан.ру | сайлентблоки и втулки из полиуретана. Автозапчасти из полиуретана. Производство и продажа.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello!

So I've had the suspension bushings replaced with polyurethane ones...and the sounds are still there, albeit at a far lesser level. It's not as loud and intrusive, and occurs less frequently.

Whta else could it be? More bushing wear? Or perhaps shock absorber wear?

I will have another look at the other bushings to see if they're good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts