Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what kind of shocks/springs to buy. They don't have to be fancy or anything, but I want something decent.
I think my car still has originals and bumps are starting to feel really bad.

All suggestions welcome:) :D :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Define what you'd call decent.

What do you want out of them? ride qual/heigth/performance/soft ride etc.
What is your budget?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm really happy with my set up (see sig.) it's a little firmer than stock, but not by a assbeatin' lot :D ... although I bottom out every once in a while. The springs are about the lowest springs for G1. dropped 1.7" front and rear.
Cost $500
Installed myself in about 4 hours.
Below is a pic before the front settled out... when it was only about 1.4"... it settled over a couple weeks.

Another good way to go is with the Ground Control Coil Overs... then you can adjust your heigth when you want... not sure of $.

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
just got new shocks put on, OEM replacements my shock hadnt been changed since 88 :rolleyes: go fig, but it made a he11uva lot of difference, I used to bottom out going over pits 1 inch or deeper (not kidding) now I have a very firm ride. didnt cost me anything, but I suspect had I paidfor it it would have been like 100-250.00

·
Registered
583 Posts
Because of an order mess up, I have a pair of brand new Tokico rear struts that will fit your car. $120 for the pair including shipping in US.
Drop me a email or PM if your interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts