Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken out of a Mercedes CL500, this guy wants $700. I'm not even sure if the ballasts will fit in my ride. But he is including the bulbs as well. HElP? is it easy to make these things work in my car?

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
You are better off buying a good conversion kit for $400-$500. The ballast mounting is something to be worked out no matter which HID kit you get.

He's misleading you in the DOT approved stuff. It's DOT approved for the original headlamp, not for other ones.

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
I think it's a separate ignitor/ballast system there., judging from the pics. It's hard enough mounting a ballast, try mounting an ignitor as well now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So your telling me I've made a bad business decision. Well alright but I will make it work if I have to. And don't you think this is most likely a very high quality HID setup when installed right? Should I go with the one-piece headlamps?

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
I'm saying that you're going to have to spend more time to get this to work. Getting one-piece headlights will result in even more work as now you have to get the bulbs to fit a H4H socket.

It'll look nice when you're done, but you just have more custom fitting to deal with.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Phew....... Some guys bid it up to $620. So i'm off the hook. But personally I think those lights were worth it. But your right, a kit would be much easier way to go. Do you have any suggestions? 92 sedan.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Plus, other than fitment, you would have to contend with uncontrolled light thrown all over the place due to the fact that it would not be corrected for the 9006 optics in our headlamps.

Many of us are running HID kits from www.autolamps-online.com .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.