Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I'm back with a problem for which I don't expect to get much sympathy!

I'm the proud owner of two legends and am not totally satisfied with either!

I have a white '94 GS with a six-speed tranny and a black/black '93 LS with an automatic.

I like the feel of driving the white GS six-speed, and I like the looks and feel of seeing my black LS and being in the black leather interior.

What I want, of course, is a black/black '94-95 six-speed GS! (Join the club, right?! Not many of those puppies around! Probably none that I'd want to pay cost for!!)

I also have, sitting forlornly in my garage, a 3.5 engine and a Type II intake manifold and a set of Type II heads.............! I've been, so far fruitlessly, looking for a black/black, manual transmission, '93-95 LS or GS to with engine problems or minor body damage.

Nothing has come my way and I'm starting to think the better course would be to take the pieces I already have, acquire a six-speed tranny and swap them into my '93.

I've done the searching and read about automatic to manual swaps, but nothing has given me a good feel for how difficult that swap is. Would it make more sense to keep looking for a car that is already a manual and swap into it?

Or are the modifications required to accomodate a manual tranny where an automatic currently resides not that burdensome?

My current thinking as I agonize with this problem (I know, I know, cry me a river!), is to keep looking for the black/black manual car, put the Type II manifold, just the manifold, not the heads too!, on the '93 automatic, and suffer the inconvenience of driving both white GS six-speed, and the Type II manifold equipped black/black '93 automatic while I look for the perfect, for me, Legend.

OK, that's it. If you were me, what would you do?!

All comments welcome.

Thanks.
Henry

·
Renaissance.
3,001 Posts
Well, you'd have to think of what to do with the white Legend when you're finished with your changeover. IE, you have to put the auto back in it. Personally, I'd sell the black car, find a black exterior 6MT, and then swap the interiors, then sell the white car. The tranny swap can be a pain if you're not experienced, and then expensive if you take it somewhere.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses so far.

Guess I wasn't totally clear; I'd leave the white car intact. I'd just go out and find a six-speed tranny.

I wouldn't take it out of the white car! That car's too nice!!

Henry

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're too good to me--Think I'll pass!

I see you're located in the great Pacific Northwest. Maybe we'll cross paths some day!

Henry

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
I say build it!! Cheaper and to me would have more 'worth' as it would be the fruit of my own labor. On a side note put up some pics of the classic 911!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure, but I don't know how!

Last time I tried to post pictures the machine said they were too big. Then I used photoshop to shrink the file size and the photos came out looking like postage stamps!

So if someone would instruct me how you folks post such nice, big pictures of your cars, I'd be happy to post some of my own!

Thanks.
Henry

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, thanks for the photobucket advice.

Here's the link to part of the auto stable!

Porsche3.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When I tired it in test mode I was able to scroll through 10 photos.

But even if this works, it's not what I'm really after.

How do people include actual photos of their cars, or anything else, in the body of the posting?

If this works, it allows posting of a link to photos, but not the photos.

How do you folks post the photos?!

Thanks.
Henry

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Being that you're using Photobucket, it's pretty easy.

Under each picture there is a list of 4 different boxes of code. Copy each of the codes listed next to "IMG Code" and paste in the body of your message.

To list multiple pictures, you can click the check box next to each of the photos that you wish to include and click "Generate HTML and IMG Code" at the bottom of the page. Then, again copy and paste the code listed for IMG.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts