Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There about the same price but there's more options avail. for the 4.4 X5 that would make it cost more, especially after upgrading to the sport pkge. The 6 spd option on the M3 is like $2200 extra. Almost everything else is standard on the M3 except bi-xenon, NAV and Prem. sound. The fully loaded 4.6 X5 is much more $$$$ like $70K

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I'd say ask yourself some questions (which I'm sure you have) but to recap.

1) Why doesn't he want his car? why don't you want yours?

2) Did he take just as good of care of the M3 as you've taken care of your X5?

3) Are you ready for a very small car?

4) Is his car still under warranty?

I don't know man with cars of you alls caliper doing a trade across the board like that is just too scary for me. For the first 6mo. I'd been very uneasy with it, do you even know this guy, I mean do you know him, as in close family friend, not a buddy but a family freind you've known over half your life, if not I'd have to say NO WAY. That could possibly be a very bad lesson to learn.

I would hate to see you get Bemmer burt.

·
2,873 Posts
Mike,

I'd like to see how the baby seat will look like on the back seat of a M3.

Nothing says family transport like a '02 M3 =)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
C'mon guys...let me enjoy the moment...

Unfortunately I need the size and versitlity of the X5. As Reno pointed out trading cars like this would make me fell very uncomfortable even though theres a warranty. I would rather sell mine and then buy a new one.

X5's are in very high demand, with a 3-4 month wait. They even raised the lease prices around the tri-state area by $1,500 & no discounts anymore off MSRP. These factors have caused a X5 frenzy and people are willing to trade down to get there hands on one.

Bottomline, the wife would shatter any hopes of this trade going through :rolleyes:

PS F-U Jon

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
damn, he's DESPERATE for a X5, huh?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I wouldn't do it. I love having my Legend and someday when I am successful I would love to have a nice SUV(X5 would be nice:)) to compliment my Legend so I can drive either whenever I get bored with one. So I would keep the X5.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts