Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this dude whants to race me in his g2 acura legend but i dunno he has intake and exhaust and i have only a greedy exhaust and a wanna be intake an ngk cables and if i lose how many cars will he leave me behind

·
Registered
180 Posts
G2 more horse, but i belive G2 is also heavier, you'll probably lose, give us results. Dont be ashamed of losing.

·
Registered
386 Posts
This sounds like fun!!!!!!

The big question is does he have an automatic or a manual tranny. Second do you have a automatic or a manual tranny. If he has an automatic and you have a 5 speed than you should be able to hang in there unless he has a 93-95 model than I would say cut your loses and move on. If you both have automatics than I still say cut your loses and move on. If you have an automatic and he has a 6 speed than I would say you know about the snowball in hell? If so than you have the same chance as the snowball surviving the firey blaze.:D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Yeah Mr.Bigs pretty much told it how it is, if it's a TypeI automatic and you have a 5-speed coupe, I think you can hang with it, but still will probably lose near the end. If it's a TypeII automatic, you don't really have a chance, if it's a TypeI Manual, you don't have a good chance, if it's TypeII Manual, uhh.... I think it might leave you.

Venom? You mean NOS? That might chance things!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Race him !!!! Even if you lose, you don't really lose !!! Too much fun !!!!

'Specially with the Venom !!! If you use that, you will almost certainly win !!! :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
An 80 shot of NOS

Since you have an 80 shot of NOS that changes things but just barely. As you already know your car has 161 horses while the G2 has 200-230 horses. Even with the 80 shot you can make up the difference but only if you know exactly when to hit the NOS. You also stated that you have an automatic if I were you I'd be extremly careful unless the tranny has been rebuilt to handle being hit with 80 more horses at any given time. The problem with NOS is the power you get from it comes on in an instant its not linear power that builds continously and being that your motor is basically stock ( internals anyway ) the more you juice it sooner or later somethings got to give. Think about this the money you spent on the NOS system and every time you have to refill the bottle you could have had the throttle body and the intake plenum extrude honed, and maybe the heads ported and polished and if you continue to use NOS in the long run you could have the entire engine and tranny rebuilt to some serious horsepower numbers which would allow you to take on some serious competitors. Just my own observation. Think about this a G1 Legend Coupe with some serious horsepower numbers like 250-270 horses and an extremly strong automatic tranny. NOW THATS A SLEEPER. One more thing I HOPE YOU ARE RACING FOR MONEY. WHY RACE FOR FREE ALL THE TIME WHEN THINGS BREAK FREE IS NOT WHAT IT COST TO FIX THEM AGAIN JUST MY OWN OBSERVATION.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
remember that is a venom vnc -1000 its computer control nitrous so the nitrous shut off when it detects a problem in the system oh yeah and his car the one i am racing for 100 bucks is a not so fast g2 i been on it before my car feels faster my tranmission i got it re done by a friend of mine and i could take a heavy dose of juice and pistons are much stronger too than the original ones

·
Registered
217 Posts
i've raced a g2(no idea on guys specs) on the highway from about 65 i guess. I had a 200lb passanger, i must have been around 150 at that time and the guy was byhimself. He got a quick lead on me (my front bumper @ his back) but it seemed to stay like that the entire race til we cut off at about 115. Just fill the guy up with gas before the race and make sure ur running on nil. hehe

·
Registered
386 Posts
The engine build up

Can you go into more detail about your engine build up. I also plan to rebuild my engine and I could use some pointers.:D

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I'd race him for fun and then if you lose and you are telling someone about the race you had, you can just say, "What do you think? The legend won":D :D

·
Registered
583 Posts
MR Bigs

I'd hate to turn it into a case of "the blind leading the blind",
but it looks like it's going to have to be...
EVERY [email protected] place I call/Email doesn't have squat for the 2.7, so It's gonna be a long rebuild, and probably expensive (ie lots of dealership parts) Plus I live in Arkansas which isn't really the cultural center of all things import...:D
I plan on gathering info first.
Looking for high strength internals: Rods, Pistons(with Total Seal rings), Crank
Looking for high HP cams
Will mildly port my own head/intakes

The only thing that I've really come up with are the gasket kits for the rebuild. As far as the hi-po parts, no luck yet.
I'll keep all informed as I make any success

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
guys there is a shop located here in camarillo california that the specialice in acura engines and they didit all for me it was abot 2500 dollars but the whole engine was rebuilt and tranni too and they put in hi power stuff

·
Registered
386 Posts
HIGH PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR YOUR G1 LEGEND!!!!!!!

Since its very hard for you to find go fast parts for you legend you might want to pick up a copy of Sport Compact Car magazine, Import Tuner Magzine, or Super Street magzine these magzines should help you quite a bit. Go to www.paeco.com they make a 271 horsepower engine for G1 legends they also make engines for G2 legends as well. Weapon-R makes a Dragon Filter intake system for g1s and g2s. You should be able to find a unversal high performance muffler for your car. Go to www.ground-control.com for coil over springs they also sell struts and shocks. Go to www.kvrperformance.com they sell front and rear cross drilled rotors as well as carbon fiber pads for g1 and g2 legends. Go to www.bayouperformace.com for your stage II chip and www.apexi.com for you Super-AFC to go along with the chip. I'm guessing that it should be easy to get 17 inch rims and tires for your car. Random Technologies also makes a high performance catalytic converter for g1 and g2 legends. You can also get a Crane Cams High 6 ignition amplifier and LX 91 coil to help out with the spark. Go to www.nopionline.com and type in your cars year, and model and they should be able to help with alot of other things. So far thats all I could think of happy hunting and I'm sure you will be able to find what you are looking for it just takes patience, time and most importantly MONEY.:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts