Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing Pat's post regarding his new painted fuel rail covers, I would like to paint mine. I need some ideas, what colors have you guys used? Some pics. would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
SB

· Registered
1,028 Posts
GreekPower said:
I know someone has silver ones, it looks pretty good. But I run my car without them, looks better IMO
You removed the fuel rail covers from your engine?? :werd:

The covers provide a safety feature in case of a leak from the fuel rails or spray from a bad fuel injector.

:2cool:

· is gone with the wind ...
1,019 Posts
Here's mine again. Took a little time. Got a hint from a previous post (can't remember who, sorry) that helped a lot. First did plastic primer (gray, I think), then black engine enamel. Then did white letters with white engine enamel spray after masking off the outer black areas. "Masked" off the letters by rubbing vaseline over them, then sprayed the red and wiped off the vaseline to reveal the white letters. Had to do a bit of brush touchup on the letters, but it wasn't that hard. Didn't do clearcoat, but that's probably a reasonable idea.

· Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those all look great. I really like the white letters and think that would be a nice look given my car's color. I'm gonna give this a shot, I'll post pics after I finish.
Thanks for the input.
SB

· Registered
3,012 Posts
GoldenCoupe's are sick.....

What types of mods you got now CJ? I haven't talked in so long, I have no clue what your car's been up to.

· Registered
503 Posts
Did red because of the Type II...actually came out pretty good. Mad cheap...only like 15 bucks for the paint and A emblem.

Still not rockin any mods...:( Getting lots of stuff fixed that have just gone out: Suspension, valve cover gaskets, brakes, power steering something, hope to get some new leather, want a remus, maybe rims, and a few other things...keep you guys posted!!!!!

Only "mods" I have are:
94-95 front bumper
one piece headlights
hid's
black interior
lighted passenger window switches
jdm side markers
auto start alarm
tilt sunroof

· Sales Guido
1,105 Posts
Here are some pics of mine from about 1 month ago. Nothing fancy, just red.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.