Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MAN-WHORE
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I like the look on the Legend but I cant decide where to place the damn lights. Personally I like my side marker light long clear and BMW style. I notice most people tend to place the marker just above that bumper molding on the fender. I have been thinking of somehow intergrating the light to be FLUSH into the very molding guard on the fender. You know the same way the BMW's have it. Im thinking this will flow excellent with the fender and keep the body of the car clean of any lights jutting out of the fender. Any comments or suggestions. I have Gold color sedan and thinking bout just changing allllll the lights on the front to blue. Blue Nokya headlight all blue parking and turn lights and blue sidemarker lights. F the police.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
I used the marker from the 2001 BMW 7 (prior years are amber).

To build them, I first had to cut out an opening for the marker using a Dremel. Then files were used to shape the edges. Next went on flexible filler (like Bondo, but with more flexible qualities) to create an edge that hugged the lens (using a razor blade, files, and sandpaper).

Once everything was smoothed out, I used flexible primer and some spot putty to get rid of larger pin holes. Wet sanded it down, and then paint and clear coat.

It takes some time and patience to get it perfect. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
LegendGS said:
That would be me. :)
That's phat!!

Got to do my grill, rear (side) clears and now this.
I may do this one first!! :D

Looks great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.