Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 LS that has the driver's side view mirror heater in it. It's worked in the past, but recently I've noticed when I press the button down the little light doesn't come on. I think I might have left it on a week or so ago for a long time but I'm not sure.

I tried leaving it on for a long time and then felt the mirror to see if it got hot (meaning just the little light bulb on the interior of the car was burned out) - but no go, the mirror wasn't hot at all.

Anyone got any ideas? Is there a fuse for this or any other common problem associated with this?

Thanks,

James

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
did you check your fuses under the hood and on the driver foot well? check those first, and if you don't find the right fuse you may have a broken heating element in the mirror. when they work, they get pretty warm.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
luvmylegend said:
did you check your fuses under the hood and on the driver foot well? check those first, and if you don't find the right fuse you may have a broken heating element in the mirror. when they work, they get pretty warm.
Ok, I will check the fuses... Don't happen to know which fuse it is do you?

I've had the heater on before, and felt it with my hand, it does indeed get pretty hot.

It snowed the past few days here in the Seattle area and I actually needed the heater and noticed it had stopped working.

Work a broken heating element in the mirror make it so the little light would not come on inside the car as well? I'm thinking that the switch itself might have gotten busted....

Thanks for your help.

-James

·
Registered
89 Posts
mine

mine were broken when i got mine and iwas bummed when i found out tit didnt work...just like yours a no show on the interior light.. i checked all my fuses and they are fine but i dont want to spend a lot of money on getting it fixed..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts