Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These pictures are from the heads of a G2 Type II engine I got from PSA that was starved of oil. The camshaft in the right head actually sezied to the berring and because the engine was still running the force split the camshaft in half.

More pictures here

G

·
interesting..........what are you going to do with em? are you going to install them on your car? type II cams on a type I? keep us posted seems very very interesting (if you can use them)

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you have no use for the broken cams, I will take them off your hands. I won't be installing them, I just want them for some experiments. If you are doing a type II into I swap I would be very interested in knowing the differences between cams. Do you know the timing specs on either???

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, one cam is still good, the other is shot. I am going to look into getting a second head to replace the bad one, from a junkyard maybe.

I unfortunatly do not know the specs of the Type I vs. the Type II cams, this is something I am looking in to as we speak, err, as I type I guess.. hehe

Anyway, the cam that is broken in two I will probably hang on to for a bit longer. I don't know it's fate just yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you find the timing specs for either Type I or II let me know. I was hoping to avoid having to take off a head and time them myself.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Bubble bursting time, it's a type 1 engine. The type 2 is still under my bench. Interesting story behind the engine though. Got a cell phone call from the owner as he was driving down the road.
"My red oil can lite came 3 min ago, what should I do?" Before I could tell him to shut down and pull over he said " well I guess it doesn't matter, the engine just made a banging noise and shut down."
Moral of the story,,,, when the oil lite comes on, kiss your wallet goodbye.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PSA said:
Bubble bursting time, it's a type 1 engine. /B]

Yeah, I ended up figuring that one out :rolleyes: I saw the lack of an oil cooler that my Type I had and for some reason I was under the impression that the intake DaveC got was a Type II. After some research I found the oil cooler was standard on all Type II's and only came on 91-93 Type I's. I then confirmed it with DaveC his intake was a Type I. The engine is still a great help and loads of fun taking apart :) Though the smell of burnt oil is still under my fingernails :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts