Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has come to my attention that some boards don't really like the direct advertisement of other webboards especially competitor webboards in member's signatures.

This board, doesn't seem to mind that I do a little free advertising at the end of my signature for other boards, including competitors and the sort.

I asked a moderator for www.preludeonline.com why my signature was altered so that it doesn't show visiting three other great sites, like www.hondaprelude.com, www.honda-acura.net, and forums.legend.org, and his response was that 2 of the 3 are direct competitors and although this is not a for-profit type of deal, they would equally respect the other two websites to do the same for me.

In reality though, it doesn't seem this way. I put at the end of my signature here to visit 3 other sites other than www.acura-legend.com, but it doesn't seem like any of the moderators here care if we do that.

What is the policy for linking this and that board? It doesn't seem like it matters here, because I can link to www.acura-legends.com or visa-versa and both "owners" of both boards don't care otherwise.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Well, I suppose that the other boards have "competitors" since they have advertisers and sponsors and don't want to lose traffic which would result in a loss of ad dollars. It's kind of sad really, since it would seem this limits the size of a community.

I'll let Matt answer your question though. It's his board. :D

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Hi Asianlegend! I currently don't mind other people advertising other forums and sites. In the future though, I am possibly going to start selling some products through this site. I guess once I start doing that I will instruct my moderators what to do with certain things that could take away from my business.

Don't get worried guys: These forums won't turn into how the acura-tl.com forums are. You can't really post anything there b/c the owner of the forum does not allow any advertising b/c he sells tons of products through his site and doesn't want to lose business. (Which I can respect but it really is/has been defeating the purpose of having the Acura TL forums, they aren't fun anymore b/c you can't post much at all. The other day in the off-topic section I told about my forums and linked it and they deleted my thread.)

So Asianlegend, for now, you can post pretty much whatever...But that may slightly change in the near future. Thanks for asking...Any more questions? Feel free to ask me. Sorry for the late reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts