Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car accelerates very sluggishly when I press the gas.tends to jerk or hesitate..almost as if it's not getting enough gas...is this a sign of a bad fuel filter or fuel pump? How much do they normally cost? Are they easy to replace?

88 Leg Sdn
158k mi.

·
Registered
133 Posts
do you know how many miles ago the filter / plugs were replaced?

first, what kinda gas are you using? if u use cheap gas put some high grade in there [full tank of it]. check result.

if its been awhile since that tuneup its an inexpensive way to fix the problem or if nothing else, to at least give yourself a bit of a tuneup. just replace the filter, plugs and wires

the pump is a bit more expensive ranging from about 90.00 to 200 depending on who makes it. check out my car parts post on the forum for links to parts suppliers etc...

hopefully you dont need to replace this more pricey part.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks JD....

I use pretty decent gas all time........

I was actually thinking about plugs and air filter OR fuel filter (hopefully not the pump)....

I just got the car a few weeks ago but I'm sure it needs a good tune up....

Could it be a fuel filter also

·
Registered
133 Posts
it wont hurt at all to give it a good tuneup.

plugs, wires, fuel filter air filter etc...

especially if you just got it and have no idea when it was last tuned up or if the prior owner doenst know.

i do my own tuneups as its about the easiest thing you can do on a car, aside from changing the oil or brakes :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.