Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea how you do it or where the silicon goes. Can anyone describe the procedure? Thanks.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Check out this link:

http://207.236.3.190/kojih/repairs/wind/wind.html

Some people have also had luck spraying it down the run channel without disassembly.

I have another question to ask - what brand or kind of silicone lubricant is this and where do you get it?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea what brand it is or where it is available. I just remember people talking about it a long time ago...Anybody know?

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I got my silicone spray from home depot. Its fairly cheap but I cant remember the brand it was but most silicone spray can be bought at places like home depot, strauss, pep boys, and most hardware stores. I used it on my sedan and i must say that after letting it sit in overnight, the window was running down much much better.

·
2,879 Posts
I have the Honda brand silicone spray w/teh black white and green labeling.. I just that spray like crazy, my whole engine was basically drenched in silicone spray hehe =)

·
Registered
107 Posts
i have a home depot silicon and it worked great all u do is wined down your window and spray the silicon in the track( path ) the window went down. then use a Q-tip and run it up and down it to clean it out and spray it up and down one more time . leave your windows down for a while so the lub can soak in. u dont have to do the top just the front and back track of the windo track. hope that helps. it works great!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I sprayed mine almost a year ago and my windows roll down nicely. You spray all the edges where the glass window touches. then move it up and down and keep spraying until you're happy with the results.:)

·
Registered
512 Posts
legendarith said:
I sprayed mine almost a year ago and my windows roll down nicely. You spray all the edges where the glass window touches. then move it up and down and keep spraying until you're happy with the results.:)
so wont the window be all greasy too then?

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
silicone on the hoses prevent dry rot, and i got mine from autozone. STP silicone spray. i also picked up a can of belt dressing since my mom's belts are sqeaking. hehe. :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Roger said:

dont spray the top part of the window the (horizontal part) the channels u will be spraying are inside the door positioned verticaly on both sides.
the problem with my window is that the horizontal part is what slowing down teh window. everytime the window goes down. teh two rubber part that I guess keep the water from going in n stuff.. it would be pulled downward. any idea what I should do with that?

·
Registered
98 Posts
wd40

I wouldn't use wd40 for this application. Besides my experience with wd40 at work is it lubes ok to start but lubes like wd40 attract mad dirt and pretty soon its just one gumed up mess.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts