Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks!

The planned site update tomorrow has been postponed. We will keep you updated as we work out a new date. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience!

Nadeem

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Cool... sounds good. Now could you get rid of the rest of the front page news stuff. It's piling up and getting really annoying.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Lol oh well, good news to me.

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Yes. It's in my Moderator Contract.

Each day, I am required to:

~Ban 5 spammers
~Warn 3 members
~Give 2 Infractions
~Give one smart ass response to forum trolls.

It's either that or spend at least 6.75 combined hours on the forum main page hitting the refresh button a minimum of 3 times every 17 minutes.

It USED to be 7 hours but the Moderators' Union got it negotiated down at our last members' meeting.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
Yes. It's in my Moderator Contract.

Each day, I am required to:

~Ban 5 spammers
~Warn 3 members
~Give 2 Infractions
~Give one smart ass response to forum trolls.

It's either that or spend at least 6.75 combined hours on the forum main page hitting the refresh button a minimum of 3 times every 17 minutes.

It USED to be 7 hours but the Moderators' Union got it negotiated down at our last members' meeting.
there fixed it for some of the more dense members.

I think the best time for a site update would be Saturday between the hours of 10am EST and 5pm EST as that seems to be when the forum is most dead. most people surf while at work and then at night on saturday, so it would ultimately effect the least amount of people at that time. during the week, you have the night owls (like myself) who cruise from 12am and some through 5am, and then from 6am you get the work people who popped into work early. and then, you have the aussie members who are on a completely different schedule and I couldn't tell you when THEY get on, it usually seems like 3am EST.

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Then why dont you just take tomorrow off? You're the only mod that come here everyday.
And therein lies the problem...

Lol no seriously Graeme, Ivan, Nick, and Marcus are here active daily as well whether or not they post anything...I think we've got a pretty good team...its just that when NONE of us are online or when the two super mods arent on that we sometimes run into hiccups.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Why don't you get someone extra that goes on at night?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts