Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i need a list of cars that the G1 can beat definitely. no theoretical crap like beating a mustang... if it was beat then list em please -> for the G1 website coming soon...

thanks guys.

·
Registered
583 Posts
beaten path...

anything that Yugo made... :D
AMC pacers ... :D

My '88 Suburban 4x4 on 35s :D
My '63 VW double door panel van (for now... :D)
My wifes 2000 Saturn twin cam :D
My buddys VW Cabrio :D
My buddys 88 5 series Bimmer :D
NOT my other buddys 88 M5 bimmer... :mad:
NOT my dads 79 GMC (468 ci Big Block +lotsa ****e)
:mad:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Ford Aspire
Ford Fiesta
Geo Metro
:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well if we're gonna come up with a list of ****ty cars here goes:

(I haven't raced my G1 against these but from driving them a lot I can tell you they stand no chance in hell):
88 Mercury Sable 3.0L
92 Hyundai Elantra 1.6L

·
Registered
846 Posts
I beat an 1997 STS off the line and for about 2 blocks, he got me in the long run though, big'ol Northstar V8 I guess. Boy was he pissed.

Only cars I have beat so far:
1998 Grand am GT
1993 Ford Probe GT(my previous car, now my friend owns
1994 Mazda 626
1989 Mecury sable 3.0
Riced out civic(not sure what year, 94 maybe), had exhaust.

Thats about it for me, I hardly race, much less go looking for races, only when people really ask for it do I let them have a taste of my mean machine!:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
we'll probably burn all civics if this were a stock race, and mabye some integra's. all thoes v4 windup toys are slow

·
Registered
846 Posts
4 bangers can be quite quick with a 5 speed in them. My other car is an 88 accord LXi hatchback with the 2 liter engine, it really does depend on the engine. Its got about 125 HP, and in a little car like that, oooo weeee, does it go. So dont look down on all 4 bangers:), I hate civics though!!! My legend ****s on it, but its still quick.

·
Registered
541 Posts
1985 Toyota Camry LE
1986 Nissan Maxima
cant think of anymore. i know im missing a few.

SOON hopefully: 1986 Toyota Celica GTS

·
Registered
846 Posts
Sort of, My friend had a 94 or 95 V6 Camry. I beat that car whith my probe GT when I had that, and I beat my probe GT with my Legend. :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
How would our cars hold up against an Avalon. i have ridden in one a couple time, they are balls to the wall powerful, and quick, same with nissan maxima se's. Anyone raced either of these?

·
Registered
32 Posts
97 Maxima SE

My brother has a Maxima and I have never come close in a race, but everytime I've raced him has been from a dead stop. I don't know how I'd do if we were already rollin'. He also has a 95 Integra GSR. He kills it in the Max from a stop, but rollin' they're about the same.

·
Registered
867 Posts
well i know the maximas 95 and up we have no chance of
the sticks can hang with them for a while but then the maximas will win

avalons too i think
both have big V6's

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
i kept up with a 95 maxima on the freeway, but once i hit 4th he started inching

Off the top of my head
Cars I've beaten at stoplight
91 Integra GS (modded w I/H/E; PnP; Clutch, TB)
86 Nissan 300ZX (Non Turbo)
80's 280 ZX (Non Turbo)
99 Accord V6 auto
01 Prelude SH (That was HILARIOUS) :D
93 Maxima
99 Civic Si
98 Camaro V6 (Auto)
90's (late model) Mustang V6's

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RICDOGG you'll have to tell us how much hp your car holds...

tell us bout that prelude

funniest story i had was when i was at a stoplight and this LOUD a$$ mustang HUGE chance it was V8 starts revving at me. i revved back.

light hits green, i take off and he's nowhere to be found. he stalled his engine. god thats gotta suck.

how can you tell the difference between v6 n v8 mustang. i DON'T wanna run into another v8...

camaros are fun to kill :p

·
Registered
846 Posts
It depends on the years. I think if they are newer, like 93-now they v6 ones have really weird 3 spoke wheels and no dual exhaust. the V8s usually have the dual pipes and some more appealing 5 spoke wheels. They GTs just look better, all around. Watch for the exhaust and wheels.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts