Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay when i turn my car on it takes a couple of cranks to start sometimes it feels like it wont. than when i get it started it idles fine but when i but it into gear and drive everything is fine. When i drive and i stop a stop light and push the brake down i get a bad vibration really gets vibrated through the whole car.

what could be these problems i was thinking bad compression, bad battery (startup prob), need knew spark plugs, need to spark plug wires, need injectors cleaned, need new transmisson mounts or engine mousnts, need fuel filter cleaned, or need more raridtor fluid or bleed it.

can someone help me pin point the problem i am having.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
you need to be more specific in your description of the symptoms you have. For example, is the vibration occuring when already stopped at the light or only while moving and with the brake applied? Things like this will help us to help you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem

I have a 95 LS coupe with 145,000 miles and I have the same problem. A little background my transmission went out back in June and I got it replaced and also had two new front CV axels replaced. Here is what my car does. When I crank it up there is a bad vibration that radiates throught the whole car. The engine is also louder than normal. The car idles at the right RPM's though. You can feel it in the steering wheel and just sitting in the front seat, passenger seat etc. The vibration is not present when you are driving. So I don't believe it to be the axels. When I come to a stop at a stop light the vibration is back.There is no vibratgion while in neutral. The weird thing about it is it seems to be worse when the car is up to temperature. It is not so bad when the engine is cold. I took my car two days ago to my local acura shop and they looked at it and could not diagnose the problem either. They said the tranny mounts are fine. The only thing the service manager could think off is that maybe the rubber on the engine mount is rubbing, but he could not be for sure without putting it up on the rack. I replaced the spark plugs three weeks ago and that did not help. I have also cleaned the EGR value and that did not help either. I have no idea what could be wrong and any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've heard that if you use aftermarket axles you may get the "in gear" vibration. I experienced this on my 90 integra when I changed one of the axles with an aftermarket one. It didn't vibrate when going down the road but when I came to a stop light or sign, the vibration was there and it drove me crazy until I just started ignoring it. I understand the OEM axles and certain aftermarket ones don't cause this problem.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
jecodob said:
okay when i turn my car on it takes a couple of cranks to start sometimes it feels like it wont. than when i get it started it idles fine but when i but it into gear and drive everything is fine. When i drive and i stop a stop light and push the brake down i get a bad vibration really gets vibrated through the whole car.

what could be these problems i was thinking bad compression, bad battery (startup prob), need knew spark plugs, need to spark plug wires, need injectors cleaned, need new transmisson mounts or engine mousnts, need fuel filter cleaned, or need more raridtor fluid or bleed it.

can someone help me pin point the problem i am having.
Man....I believe you have a few different problems that you are trying to fix as one. First off if you think you need new plugs get some. You do not need to change the wires because it is a distributorless ignition system. Change the trans fluid, diff fluid and fuel filter. This should clear up your starting problem, and at least get your car started in the right direction for maintance. If you get the vibration while you are slowing down to a stop it is probably your brake rotors. If you get the vibration after you are stopped look into your transmission. Some of your symptoms could be a bad tourque converter. It is hard to understand what you are discribing. I had to read it many times to get it all.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
btrott29 said:
I have a 95 LS coupe with 145,000 miles and I have the same problem. A little background my transmission went out back in June and I got it replaced and also had two new front CV axels replaced. Here is what my car does. When I crank it up there is a bad vibration that radiates throught the whole car. The engine is also louder than normal. The car idles at the right RPM's though. You can feel it in the steering wheel and just sitting in the front seat, passenger seat etc. The vibration is not present when you are driving. So I don't believe it to be the axels. When I come to a stop at a stop light the vibration is back.There is no vibratgion while in neutral. The weird thing about it is it seems to be worse when the car is up to temperature. It is not so bad when the engine is cold. I took my car two days ago to my local acura shop and they looked at it and could not diagnose the problem either. They said the tranny mounts are fine. The only thing the service manager could think off is that maybe the rubber on the engine mount is rubbing, but he could not be for sure without putting it up on the rack. I replaced the spark plugs three weeks ago and that did not help. I have also cleaned the EGR value and that did not help either. I have no idea what could be wrong and any suggestions are appreciated.
Yours sounds like a torque converter too.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
jecodob said:
hello has anyone had this happen. i cant belive nobody has had a rough idle geez. what does it take to get a few reasonable answers
Your explanation of the problem is hard to understand. I responded to you with a few different thigs to look at. If you feel it is just a rought idle try adjusting your idle with the idle adjustment screw. This has been covered in great detail in the past. Try a search.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have the same problem with I am in gear and stop. I took it in and found the tranny mount was bad and had that replace, but the vibrating is still there. I've been reading everywhere and still no clue. I even drove my friend's 94 GS and he doesn't have that vibrating when stopped in gear.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.