Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought Erebuni's slotted hood scoop #SA16 to get a little air flow to the new intercooler I had installed. They only come in a pair, and since I'm only using one of them, I have the other one available if someone wants to buy it. The pair cost me $136, so say... $65?

I placed it on the hood this morning- just to get qn idea of how it might look, and I must say... it looks WAY cool. Hope to have this cut in and painted next week sometime!

It measures 8.5" x 12, is made out of Fiberglass, and has an attached mesh grille behind each slot. Seems fairly well constructed. For more spec. data, check it out on Erebuni's web site at:
www.erebunicorp.com/accessories.htm

I'm using the one for the driver-side of the hood, so the passenger-side one is available. But... that's if you want to scoop air IN. If you'd want to turn it around (in order to let hot air OUT- probably a more practical use for anyone without a blower), then the available scoop would still work on the driver-side of the hood.

eMail direct if interested at:
[email protected]

_Matt

I'll post a couple of pics when I get it installed!

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, it is!

Needed a new log-in name for this new forum... and I guess I wanted something that said more about my blower...

Matt Ackerman
Prescott, AZ

BTW... you're from Greenville? I grew up in Sumter.

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
I've been through Sumter a few times on the bike.

Have you had a chance to take the coupe to the track? 1/4 mile ET's with the turbo? What about PSI? I've been thinking about a G1 project after my G2 project. Let me know how you like it!

·
Registered
217 Posts
wwwwwwwaaaasssssssaaaabbbbbii

·
Registered
583 Posts
awww dude, POST SOME PICS!!!!!!!!
[email protected], we got G1 guys STARVING for performance...:D

Your scoop will look way cool, course, both would look twice as cool ;) ...
Good luck with it, and throw us dogs a bone (motor/car pics).
Thanks,
buk

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
my buddy threw a 300zxt scoop on the hood of his 2 door, it looks sweet but it's directly over the battery. he's getting a battery trunk relocater kit for it. He said he's down to go to the norcal meet so you all can see for yourselves then :)

PS buckowski, i wrote ya a post on the off topic but i guess you dont go there....i was axin ya how the GTECH was workin

EB

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
where can I get battery trunk relocater kit

where can I get battery trunk relocater kit ?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Question Bukowski=Legend

Question Bukowski=Legend

With the setup yuo have, how much more Hp you increased to?
Real Big K&N w/cold air
Crane HI-6 CD Ignition w/LX92 coil
That is like $400 investment?

Do you record the hp results after each upgrade?

What is good out there for the legend That I can get good specs on Mods.. A digital readout etc. I see a few but I do not know if they will work on the legend.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey F-X:

211 hp, 201 Tq (at the wheels), so you could add in ±10- 15% to estimate the power produced at the crank.

I've since added an intercooler, and got some other upgrades planned for the turbo this coming week that should add to those numbers.

When it's all back together, tuned up... and the new scoop is on (OOO0ooh it's gonna be sa-weet) I'll get it dyno'd again-- and I really want to try in the 1/4 too. I'll post it here when I do.

_Matt

·
Registered
583 Posts
Re: Question Bukowski=Legend

TALRUDEBOY said:
Question Bukowski=Legend

With the setup yuo have, how much more Hp you increased to?
Real Big K&N w/cold air
Crane HI-6 CD Ignition w/LX92 coil
That is like $400 investment?

Do you record the hp results after each upgrade?

What is good out there for the legend That I can get good specs on Mods.. A digital readout etc. I see a few but I do not know if they will work on the legend.
unfortunatly got the gtech after the cold air ($52) and the HI-6 w/coil ($197) I still have yet to gap out my plugs to max the hi6.
So I'm not really sure. According to Gtech, my 0-60 is around 7.5 and 1/4 is 15.9, which is pretty good considering 170k miles w/just a couple upgrades and I'm carring 150+ lbs of box/subs and tools with me. Still deciding exactly how fast I want it to be.

much respect to you 1989~TLC on your L. looks like a fun ride. Did you make the turbo yourself or have a shop do it?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Buk: tried to eMail you back privately, but it said your box needed a cleaning out... so I've copied it here for you.
______
Britt:
The Willwoods & 13" rotors are being assembled as we speak. The kit is being put together by Brian Hasty of Fastbrakes.com, and should be ready this weekend. He knows his s**t. Brian took a number of key measurements off my wheels in order to put together the right kit. Some parts are being custom made- like the mounting brackets (I believe). I don't have the spec. data he's using, but you could contact Brian directly to find out. My plan is to see how this upgrade works up front first, before springing for any upgrades in the rear. Currently I'm running stock sized Brembos front & rear- but I must say, this setup has been wHOO0ooaaa-fully inadequate in terms of braking power.

Did you make the turbo yourself?

I wish! Nah... it was designed and installed by Robert Ansick of Forced Air Technologies. Check out his web site at www.forcedairtech.com. That's my kit pictured there!! (though it now has an intercooler attached to the system.

Good Luck!

_Matt

·
Registered
583 Posts
Re: CAI

phantom15t said:
Hey Bud, how did you do you cold air intake? is it possible to do with a '90 LS 4D AT?
Howdy, phan...
go to the bottom of the page and do a search for "show pics of intakes" and it's all there...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Bukowski, i was on another thread and i saw the scoop you used for your custom CAI, im in the process of doing the same and i was wondering where you got that scoop and how much you paid. thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts