Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
I don't know shit about shit, but I did read something about some Honda grease that works well for this. I acutally picked some up today from the dealership but haven't tried it out yet. Although, I did rub some around my a-hole since they rape you when you buy it at $20 a tube. :giggle: It better be worth it .....

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
Theres a thread about this problem. search bar it. I think its "for people with slow windows" or something like that.

take ur door panel off and clean the tracks. also make sure that the tracks are aligned properly. then grease it up again.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Do not use the GUNK Liquid Wrench white lithium grease...works great for 2 weeks, but then I think it got really hot and transforned into a glue like substance. Now I had to clean channels again.

I have now tried WD40 (lasted 20 minutes), Silicone Spray (lasted 2 hours) and lithium grease (lasted 2 weeks - but then was worst than when I started). Hopefully the $20 Honda stuff lasts and will not do the same...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Another more serious problem that there could be is just a power leak in the connection to the motor. If you have access to an electrical meter, you can test the voltage going to the motor. If it's less than 12 volts, you have a power leak somewhere. This could possibly be the problem. To fix this problem, you have to test the various connections that go to the window motor, most of the time it's usually a bad connection near the motor, and all you have to do is wiggle the wires to speed it up or, if it still doesn't work, then you have a more serious problem on your hands.

The problem could also be as stated previously. Your motor just needs oil or grease.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
clean it out real good, you will blacken up a whole mess of swabs getting all the built up crud out. Then if not into vaseline or $20 honda lube just treat is all well with a vinyl/rubber protectant (other than armorall) each wash and they will stay smooth, just not for long as protectant dries quickly. I've done whit lithium and silicone spray but results faded. now I just regularly clean and spray them, and they work better than before. :thumbsup: good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.