Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some 35% window tint, and smoked out my left tail light. It looks a little bootleg from up close, whats a better way of doing this?
What do you guys think of the way it is now?
Also, whats the legality of it?
heres some pictures

·
Registered
224 Posts
i've never tried it, but i hear niteshades works well (although you have to clear coat it afterwards).

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
LOL, you're comparing a $2.00 method to what a $400.00 method?

OP-It looks a little trashy to be honest, too many colors going on and it looks like you just slapped some film on there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
the only better way to tint it is wet sand them with 500 and then mix a lil blk with some clear and then spray..... the last RCR i asked about dude told me 500 snaps.... way too much in my opinion

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL, you're comparing a $2.00 method to what a $400.00 method?

OP-It looks a little trashy to be honest, too many colors going on and it looks like you just slapped some film on there.
i agree, i was just messing around due to boredom and random window tint I found in my garage :giggle: Im taking them off now, before i go to work.

·
Registered
619 Posts
the only better way to tint it is wet sand them with 500 and then mix a lil blk with some clear and then spray..... the last RCR i asked about dude told me 500 snaps.... way too much in my opinion
dude, you gotta pay to play. everyone bitches about these costing too much, but the ones that moses has are the best quality tails you will EVER find for our car and they are CUSTOM. we paid $650 for the ones on the black coupe and couldn't be happier. it's not like these are readily available from AmericanPlasticCrap. anything out of the ordinary that we do to our cars is going to be expensive. if you didn't realize that when you bought the car, i'm sorry. like the old saying goes, "Know this. Being able to purchase a Legend and being able to afford a Legend are two separate things. Realize nothing post-purchase is cheap." :bigok:

·
The Infamous Left Lane
2,313 Posts
dude, you gotta pay to play. everyone bitches about these costing too much, but the ones that moses has are the best quality tails you will EVER find for our car and they are CUSTOM. we paid $650 for the ones on the black coupe and couldn't be happier. it's not like these are readily available from AmericanPlasticCrap. anything out of the ordinary that we do to our cars is going to be expensive. if you didn't realize that when you bought the car, i'm sorry. like the old saying goes, "Know this. Being able to purchase a Legend and being able to afford a Legend are two separate things. Realize nothing post-purchase is cheap." :bigok:
650? damn with that i would put on a body kit on...u think its worth all of that or was that the cheapest price u found i sure someone could do it for cheap

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
HAHAHAHA, that was your dad talking there. Like father like son.

I'm not making fun, I say things my dad says too. I never started saying "chumps" until my pops said it 1000 times.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Well stated Spawn of SR. I like all these comments, because in the end there aren't many members here that don't want a set of these tails, but only a selected few will have them period, which is a def. way to set those selected few legends well apart from all the others.

Do you folks really think there is a shop just sitting around waiting for your 1 time business on a old car? That is the reason why you have to pay to play! You go ahead and jump on your body kits I would much rather roll like this than on some cyber fugly kits.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Well stated Spawn of SR. I like all these comments, because in the end there aren't many members here that don't want a set of these tails, but only a selected few will have them period, which is a def. way to set those selected few legends well apart from all the others.

Do you folks really think there is a shop just sitting around waiting for your 1 time business on a old car? That is the reason why you have to pay to play! You go ahead and jump on your body kits I would much rather roll like this than on some cyber fugly kits.
if we were to spend the cash who supplies them?

·
Registered
619 Posts
650? damn with that i would put on a body kit on...u think its worth all of that or was that the cheapest price u found i sure someone could do it for cheap
the cheapest anyone has offered is Double Glow and he makes them himself... i'm not sure how. he even charges 500 and he will even tell you his aren't as good as these. even though they are good quality. i just don't think most of you understand the concept of custom parts. materials and man hours for a job like this add up and somebody has to pay for it. that's like giving your car to a body shop, telling them you want a custom fabricated bodykit, and then getting pissed because it costs more than some cheap bolt-on erebuni kit. yeah, i'm sure you could find someone to do it cheap with cheap materials and it will look like shit. i can't remember if it was DV8 or Fut that said, "do it right, do it once," but you get the point.

·
Registered
619 Posts
if we were to spend the cash who supplies them?
that's the thing, man. these aren't "supplied" they are made on a very small scale and when they are for sale you have to jump on them. sorry to say, but there really isn't just someone you can go to and ask for these. that's why money isn't an issue with these.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts