Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a problem with my car. If i let it idle for about a minute or so and then gas it, white/bluish smoke comes out of my tailpipe. It's been happening for a while now. I'm pretty sure it's oil burning. I took it into a shop a while back but they said that nothing serious was wrong with the car and to just get my ECT and O2 sensors replaced. I changed the ECT and it didn't help. How would the O2 sensors help? I'm hesitant to just change them out because they're almost 300 bucks a pop. Also, my valves seem very loud. is that normal? Runs very strong. Any ideas of what's wrong?

I'm looking for a cheap fix. I'm saving up for a Type II conversion.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Cheap fix eh?

It sounds like your burning oil... have noticed that your car is using more oil than normal(ok that's not the best way to express that idea but me tired!)?

If so... you can find some products at an automotive store that are suppose to fix/limit this problem. Sorry I don't which brand is the best but it won't cost a lot and all you do is add it in with your oil.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried Slick50 and CD2 but it's still smoking. It doesn't smoke at all while i'm driving. Only after idling for a minute or two like at a long light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.