Acura Legend Forum banner

Smooth Exhaust

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
My legend people! Who better to ask than my fellow people with Legends. Here is my problem/question. I want to get an exhaust for my legend but I want something smooth, quite and gives a really deep type base sound. I don't want anything that you can hear from 10 miles away. Just something that you can barely even notice. Can someone please hook me up?

CET

#3 ·
carlos_cet said:
My legend people! Who better to ask than my fellow people with Legends. Here is my problem/question. I want to get an exhaust for my legend but I want something smooth, quite and gives a really deep type base sound. I don't want anything that you can hear from 10 miles away. Just something that you can barely even notice. Can someone please hook me up?
Yup. Sounds like you're looking for a Remus. :)

#5 ·
I'm hooked on the Remus. I heard a few at the Meet last weekend and i'm sold! Nice deep sound but not very noticable. There should be a link for a sound clip on the forum somehere. It sounds so much better live though.

#11 ·
FIRST OF ALL, THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE HELP. I TOOK A LOOK AT THE REMUS CLIPS ON LEGEND TUNER AND I THINK THAT I AM SOLD. THE SOUND IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR. JUST A LITTLE EXPENSIVE FOR THE REMUS. ANY GOOD PLACES TO BUY IT FROM?? WOULD YOU GUYS EVEN CONSIDER PUTTING A UNIVERSAL REMUS MUFFLER ON THE LEGEND?? HAS ANYONE HOOKED THERE LEGEND UP WITH A UNIVERSAL MUFFLER. i LIKE THE SOUND BUT I AM STILL LOOKING FOR MORE POWER. AS FAR AS AN INCREASE IN POWER, HOW DOES THE REMUS RANK WITH THE GREDDY ( I GUESS THOSE ARE THE 2 THAT WOULD BE LOOKING AT).

#12 ·
I'm looking for something simular - I want a performance boost without "waking up the entire town". I was leaning toward getting a Greddy but everyone here is recommending a Remus. Is the Greddy excessivly loud? Is there another drawback that is keeping it from getting recommended on equal footing with a Remus?

Thanks for all the help!

#13 ·
The differences between the Remus and Greddy are primarily that the Remus is a rear section exhaust set-up, while the Greddy is a cat-back system. The Remus also has dual square tips vs. the Greddy's single large round tip.

Of the bolt-on exhaust systems that are available to us, the Remus would be ranked as the quitest, with the Stromung next in line, and then the Greddy. Though, even at that, the Greddy isn't irritatingly loud like we hear on smaller cars.

The other thing is that the Greddy is believed to provide a better increase in performance over the Remus. However, I'm not certain if there has been any scientific comparisons to prove or disprove this assumption.

#14 ·
Great. Thanks for the info!

#15 ·
Why not get a universal Apex-i WS/RS muffler?? or a 5zigen Border GT muffler? they go for about $200..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.