Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey question about the bose stereo....
Got a 91ls coupe last month, and the front speakers sound like rice crispies. Its driving me crazy. Anyway, i want to replace all four speakers like everyone recommends, but im unclear as to how to do it correctly. To my knowledge the bose "premium" speakers are 2 ohms, so if i want to replace them with 4 ohm speakers how do i make them sound good? I want crisp, clean sound with a good punch from bass. Also, how many of u are using the stock bose headunit for subs? I have 3 mtx blue thunders and a rockford amp, but i dont want to remove the bose unit b/c i think anything else would look out of place. I dont want it to sound like crap though, most of my friends have their subs hooked to factory units in their domestics and the bass sounds like crap........ thats about all....... and if anyone has any recommendations on what 6x9's and 6x1/2 aftermarkets will sound best with stock headunit i would really appreciate it!
Thanx

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,216 Posts
It could very well be your amp that's giving you your problems and not the speakers like you think. The crackling sound that you're hearing is pretty typical with a bad amp. There has been a recent recall on 91-92 Bose amps by Acura, so if you're still running on the original amp, I'd pay your local dealership a visit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts