Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I purchased a 1991 Legend Ls 4 door a little over a month ago. It has 86k miles on it. Well anyways to the good news, I went to get an oil change and the guy says your oil looks brand new! I was like cool but then he goes on to say the tranny fluid is new the coolant is new the brake fluid is new the air filter is new the differntial fluid is new!:D
I was ecstatic to say the lest. This means that the 90k mile service was completed! Woohoo saves me $400. He also said that the accesory belts look new also. This leaves me with a question is there anyway to tell if the timing belt has been replaced? Thanks!:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FutureX 2001 said:
That is good news, did you buy it from a dealer? Usually they'll put all the new liquids in.
No, I bought it from an older woman, I only paid $5500 and its in mint condition. I love it. She really didn't know what she had I guess. It was her husbands car and he passed away so she sold it. There were no service records in the car and she said she didnt know what her husband did with the car in terms of service. but i am still very happy. Time for me to get some tints and some gs wheels.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
legendrida said:

No, I bought it from an older woman, I only paid $5500 and its in mint condition. I love it. She really didn't know what she had I guess. It was her husbands car and he passed away so she sold it. There were no service records in the car and she said she didnt know what her husband did with the car in terms of service. but i am still very happy. Time for me to get some tints and some gs wheels.
U lucky bastard:D theres nothing like getting an old persons car:D they usually take car of their cars especially if it's a couple, I used to have an elderly couple for upstair neighbors when i lived with mom and pops, (they where from NY..cool folks:D ) and the guy used to be the only other person that used to wash his car as much as me:cool:

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Don't assume that the timing belt was changed. Ask the woman if she knows where her husband took the vehicle for service. Check with your local Acura dealer to determine whether they serviced the vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts