Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some dude on eBay is dutch auctioning off a reeeeeeee-diculous amount of aerospeed coilovers (30!!!!) for $135 each. what the dill? i kno aerospeed is a decent brand for intakes, mufflers, etc, but what say for their coilovers?

·
Registered
575 Posts
FYI, I emailed the seller and he said that Weapon-R makes the coilovers for them and they just put their name on it. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you want to keep your legend's ride comfort I would look elsewhere! Even if weapon-r made the coil, it still worth nothing to me!!! I had WR coils on my car and I ripped them off in one week (I drove the car for a total of about 2 miles that week) the springs are universal and the weight rating is all WRONG. Car was slamming into the ground on every bump with just a 1'inch drop and koni's. I replaced them with Ground controls and left the koni's on the same setting and what a difference (I also now have a 2 inch drop). I paid over $1200 canadian for these coils as wr sent the wrong ones first so I had to pay taxes and duties twice:mad: (hey but I go a free butterfly key thing for my troubles and 6 weeks on waiting:confused: )

If you want coils for your car go with the GC and if you want NICE springs which keep the legend comfort go with the H&R's you will be more happy with there 2 inch drop.

JUST MY ADVICE AS I HAVE HAD ALL THESE SPRINGS ON MY CAR AND I KNOW THAT I WANT THE LEGEND RIDE WITH A "SLAMMED" LOOK.
EIBACH'S, WR'S COILS, H&R'S AND GROUND CONTROL (ALL WITH KONI'S, ALWAYS SET THE SAME)
H&R's were GREAT they just could not be adjusted and this was a only reason why I got the ground controls (SNOW)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aerospeed coilvers are actually weapon-R coilvers, eh? interesting...i know weapon-r makes good intakes but suspension? who knew. anyway, there was a big sell of these on ebay about 10 of them a while ago, and all 10 were sold out. these are tprobably the same coilovers, anybody else have info on them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts