Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ventured over to the wrecking yard today in search of some rubber pieces for Ophidian and stumbled upon what may be the greatest G1 wrecking yard find ever--rear mudflaps; a near mint burlwood centre console; an LS info centre.
I passed on the info centre because I don't know how much work it'd be to install it. Any input on that, guys? I figured it'd be pretty difficult for the MPG functions and ish, but I wasn't sure.

Oh and if you plan on saying:worthless... they'll get posted once I install it all.

:bigok:

PS-anyone need anything? It's a gold '89 LS sedan with maroon interior. No, the bose isn't there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How rare are the rear mud flaps? Mine came with the front ones, but, I've never seen the rear ones. What years were they available for? Coupes or sedans or both? By the way, does anyone else react like me to rolling up to a stop light and finding a G-1 next to me? Wow, PARTS!!!!!
I wonder what he'd sell the whole car for?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Installing the info center would be a major undertaking - the info center has its own computer, plus there are various sensors and wiring involved. There's a thread that details it somewhere.

·
Registered
473 Posts
stocker said:
How rare are the rear mud flaps? Mine came with the front ones, but, I've never seen the rear ones. What years were they available for? Coupes or sedans or both?
my 90 sedan has rear mud flaps. as a matter of fact i just bought a new set off ebay about a month ago. i paid less then $20 for a brand new set. they will be put on once she is painted.

·
Registered
797 Posts
im waiting on delivery of my rear mudflaps ( should be today/tomorrow or im emailing ) where alittle more than 20 but what the hell i want them and they are new so 30 after shipping aint bad for soemthing ya want i guess.... i will also wait til its painted.

as far as the ino center.. i dont know personally but from what ive seen here, pain in the ass is what i gather.

as far as wants...... how bout that mint burlwood console ? :p :lol: .. good finds

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good for you on the woodgrain pieces!
=] Thanks man. I'm still stoked.

How rare are the rear mud flaps?... What years were they available for? Coupes or sedans or both? By the way, does anyone else react like me to rolling up to a stop light and finding a G-1 next to me?
I wonder what he'd sell the whole car for?
I have only seen them a few times, personally. That's why I jumped on 'em haha.
I'm not sure what years or body styles they came on, but I've only seen them on 89 and 90 LS sedans.
And yes, I have a similiar reaction. Too bad they're rarely in good condition =[
You mean sell the whole car from the wrecking yard? There's not a ton left on it...

Installing the info center would be a major undertaking - the info center has its own computer, plus there are various sensors and wiring involved. There's a thread that details it somewhere.
I was afraid of the sensors and wiring. =[ It'd be nice to have though haha. L -> LS conversion for me? Hmmmm.

far as wants...... how bout that mint burlwood console ? :p :lol: .. good finds
:rofl:
If the price is right....
=p

·
Registered
658 Posts
I thought I had hit every wrecking yard around here, guess I was wrong!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Man I want them on my sedan. They look sexy. murderotica, finish putting them on yet? hurry up already lol. :p

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
I finally completed my set of mint corner lights from the JY today. I got the rear mud flaps like last year. I also got front window visors today.... my friend snapped one of the rears while removing it and the other one was already all cracked up. best of all... I paid $2.44 for everything since I shoved the corner light down my pants.

·
-------------------------
1,973 Posts
I was afraid of the sensors and wiring. =[ It'd be nice to have though haha. L -> LS conversion for me? Hmmmm.
Hey that guy w/ the Civic wired our info center to work w/ his car! Surprised no one around here has done it (or did you do it Gabe?)...

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Well I dont want to put the cart in front of the horse, but the wiring is totally figured out....only thing left to do is splice and mount...obviously easier said than done :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts