Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for me it would be outrunning a NM police officer at 132 mp onto an offramp, tho I did spin the car 3 times and almost smash into the gaurdrail, but I made it out Legend intact and no police in sight.

·
Registered
126 Posts
4Wding

I take my baby off road!
I go places I've seen landcruisers pull away from!
And she handles pretty allright with a bit of rally style!
Both go pretty tight off road.
But I also tend to get bogged every once in a while! :))
Then kick my mate out who got me into the situation and make him dig me out!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Well... This is a little much, and I'm sure that some of you will tell me that "You didn't need to say that, it's inappropriate, etc" but here goes:

I had sex (girl on top, obviously, ex girlfriend so it's ok to talk about it!) while driving (speeding) towards New Orleans for Mardi Gras with a G1 coupe in tail (trying to race) in rush hour traffic with my best friend in the backseat saying "I can't believe you're doing this!"... wow... but it was one of the wildest times of my life, because of the rush of obviously the girl on top, but also driving a little too fast and the onlookers in their other cars mouthing things like "Oh my God" and "Holy ****!"

But that's the craziest thing that I've ever done in my Legend, almost the craziest thing I've ever done in my life....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hot **** man, I was about to say that I had sex while driving, but it wasn't in rush hour traffic and there certainly weren't any other people in the car! Haha **** bro, you definitely topped me on this one

·
Registered
847 Posts
95Legend6Spd said:
Well... This is a little much, and I'm sure that some of you will tell me that "You didn't need to say that, it's inappropriate, etc" but here goes:

I had sex (girl on top, obviously, ex girlfriend so it's ok to talk about it!) while driving (speeding) towards New Orleans for Mardi Gras with a G1 coupe in tail (trying to race) in rush hour traffic with my best friend in the backseat saying "I can't believe you're doing this!"... wow... but it was one of the wildest times of my life, because of the rush of obviously the girl on top, but also driving a little too fast and the onlookers in their other cars mouthing things like "Oh my God" and "Holy ****!"

But that's the craziest thing that I've ever done in my Legend, almost the craziest thing I've ever done in my life....
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
702 Posts
i done several stupid/crazy things in my legend (besides sex)...

one was going through a police roadblock in dc that was closing off one of the roads near the white house, don't know what i was thinking because i saw a cop car pass through between some cones and i was all messed up myself, on cell phone, and music blasting, so i kept going until i saw several cops from each direction running towards my car....but luckily they were cool and figured out i was just a plan dumba.ss and told me to make a u-turn and get the hell out of there!

next was taking an on-ramp to the freeway already going fast and then at last second trying to overtake and pass a pickup truck on the shoulder of the ramp at like 80+mph but i started to skid out of control and almost hit the side wall of the on-ramp...but luckily regained control and let pickup go ahead of me. :(

came close to hitting a bicycle cop after i was getting off from work one day....i had floored it at the light and was going real fast and didn't see cop on bike until last second and missed him by a few inches...but since road was open ahead of me, i didn't slow down much and kept going and got out of there before he could think about trying to stop me.

but by far my real crazy stories happened in other cars i've driven...i try to be a bit more careful in my legend....example dipping out of the scene of an accident with no license by jumping a curb in a dead end driveway and going around some trees, houses, and people to a side road, and had to leave as fast as i could because cops had already been called....smoked a cop in a subaru impreza awd in a mountain winding road, poor cop had no chance of keeping up at those speeds on these kinds of roads in his crown vic...

i'm pretty sure there have been much more crazy things i've done, but off hand that is all i can remember.

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
craziest thing for me would prob be outrunning a cop on my way to school to avoid a speeding ticket, lol, saw him bust U-turn to head towards me so i gunned it hit 80-90 in a 35, and flew to my campus, what a rush, lol, those cruisers are SLOW! Now they have Camaro Z-28's mixed in so outrunning isn't an option anymore, lol. Compared to you guys, this is probably one of the 5 things you were doing at the same time for it to qualify as a crazy thing, haha. Oh and as soon as i got home, there was a new license plate waiting for me because mine needed to be switched, lucky for me :)

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Most of my crazy Legend stories are top speed runs. Too many and numerous to mention I don't consider them crazy anymore. But I have a funny story of something I did in college with my old car.

Driving an 89 Camry I am racing a Nissan Sentra doing ~90mph in a 40mph zone. I am in the right lane and just passing the sentra. I see a Mack truck in the right lane and want to get ahead of the Sentra so i don't get stuck behind the truck and I floor it. Then I realized, the truck was stopped. So last moment @ ~90mph I throw the family sedan into the left lane missing death by <2". How do I know 2":? Because I lost my passenger sideview mirror on the back of the trailer. Took it clean off.....

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
In my gold sedan I was driving through New York, on our way back from Niagra Falls area, with me and my business partner. He's like, "there's no one on the road tonight", and I noticed we were the only ones in sight. I punched it, and held 5th gear down till it wouldn't go anymore (144 mph est.) We float past a highway patrol car, he pulls out with his lights and sirens blaring, pulls back in and shuts him off. He knew the Legend could never lose! :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well, this one time at band camp.....

Yesterday I forgot to close my sunroof and of course it rained all night long :(

Fortunately the leather cleaned up nicely.

G

·
Driving 100mph on I-85 w/ all thoes @ the meet in ATL last saturday..:D
Leon, 95Legend6spd, sturgeon, cody690, banel, badass, + others.. he he..:D

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Taking my G1 to 130 down I-95 in Boston, Massachusetts, on H Rated tires (rated to like 129.. lol)... One other person as passenger.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I have slowed down a little in the last year or so. Mainly I have lessened my agression while driving, so my Legend stories aren't as good. But here we go.

The first to come to mind is the run at the Legend meet. I was suppose to race a 6-spd type II, so I got out in the third lane on the interstate. I stuck it in third, made eye contact with the other drive, and took off. I am very comfortable with close calles from my years of high speed driving in ATL. The next think I know I am hitting 110. I wish Leon had stayed with me. I would have loved to get some of those lane changes on tape. Over all I toped out at 125. The traffic was pretty heavy. Then I realize I haven't seen a Legend in a while. I slow down to 50, then pull off the road. I got down to about 20 then I see Leon heading over the hill. I punched it. I think I got out alright infront of Leon, if not SORRY Leon. I hear this loud moan. I look over into the HOV, and there is badass flying. He had to be around 100. I ended up behind Leon and Badass, so I decided to punch it again. As I am pulling up on Leon he takes an exit that was not scheduled, and that ended the highspeed run through ATL. It was fun!

There will be better ones as time goes on.

Later!
Lee

·
Registered
275 Posts
flashdragoon said:
for me it would be outrunning a NM police officer at 132 mp onto an offramp, tho I did spin the car 3 times and almost smash into the gaurdrail, but I made it out Legend intact and no police in sight.
You must have been wearing a shirt, right? If you weren't then we would be watching that footage on T.V.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
??? umm I dont get it, but if you want the whole story behind it
gimme a messege, the only reason I didnt post the whole story is cuz it's long.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok, me and my buddy are big car buffs and always jokin bout who's car is the baddest, he has a 198x Corvette, it's sweet, but I've drivin it and I always thought "man this doesn't feels as fast as my Legend", except on take off I knew it was faster. So one day he proposes to see how fast his vette can go, since his speedo don't go over 80 mph, I say well lets race em then, and when I pass you I'll letcha know (at the time I was under the inpression he would blow me away all the way so I was just Joking) so we agree, we start out one behind the other on the offramp going 60 get side-by-side, and punch it at 75 he of course left me in the dust, but as the race progressed I began to notice I was catching up, I looked at my speedo and it was reading 115, so natch I was like he's waiting on me but by the time I reached 125 I was side-by-side with him again, and whats more I was slowly passing him!! I thought (even at this point) ok he's going to go WOT on me annny second now, but it appeared that his car was actually topping out at 125, so I pressed on, then the unthinkable happened, at 132 mph we passed a cop speed trapping on the side of the road, im like OMG, I have no licence, no insurance, im goin 130+ no way im stopping, because I know that he is going from a dead start and we are going high speed, so we round a loong sweeper, and I see my exit coming up FAST, so I cut off at approx 135, I really dunno, my eyes were focused on the road and my rear-veiw mirror (btw the cop was no where in sight) I hit the exit, and immediatly started to skid, the off-ramp's angle was a lot more sharp then I anticipated I spun the car 3 times narrowly missing the gaurd rail each time, I skidded to a stop about 1 1/2 feet away from the gaurdrail, heart beating like a frikin jack-hammer. I was so freaked out, I couldent move, I was petrified (sp), then I saw the cop (about 30 seconds later) round the sweeper, and I was like omg I hope and pray he thinks im just a passing motorist on the on ramp, and to my luck the cop never even looked up. Needless to say that is the LAST time I have ever raced on the freeway. well thats the whole story.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts