Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man let me tell you, it seems like when anybody gets out of my car they slam my door. They may not even mean to do it, but they end up slamming it anyway. It is annoying the hell out of me. :mad:

The inside door handle panel is starting to separate from the wood trim around the switches at the top of the panel on each door, partially because of age, but also because of the slamming and the jarring the door takes. :( :mad:

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
People know how heavy the doors are, but are oblivious to the automatic closing device. Once I tell people they are slamming my door into a motor that is there to close it, they stop. Leon even has a note next to his door handle, good idea.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
sleeprlegendcp said:
People know how heavy the doors are, but are oblivious to the automatic closing device. Once I tell people they are slamming my door into a motor that is there to close it, they stop. Leon even has a note next to his door handle, good idea.
Later!
Lee
It happens to me all the time... they feel because it is so big they need to slam it.

that note is a good idea:)

·
Registered
702 Posts
I hate that sh*t so much when people slam my door either when they are getting in or getting out....and the thing that pisses me off even more is when they do that and i tell them not to fu*king slam the door, they open it and close it slowly...and i'm just thinking to myself what the fu*k is the point of opening and closing the door again.

·
Registered
427 Posts
grrrrrr not only they slam my door but they slam it with the seat-belt in the way. Now i just found out recently that my passendger side has a broken clip which detects if the door is closed of not grrrrrrr

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pipes_0 said:
grrrrrr not only they slam my door but they slam it with the seat-belt in the way. Now i just found out recently that my passendger side has a broken clip which detects if the door is closed of not grrrrrrr
Hehe, this used to happen on my old car. I am very paranoid about that happening in the legend because closing the door on a seat belt buckle resulted in a broken door frame on the last car. :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Man, one night I kicked one of my friends out of my car who was drunk as piss and he slammed my door so hard that it knocked the window off the track. He got his though......he had to walk 5 miles home and ended up separating his shoulder he slammed it so hard.

·
Registered
541 Posts
oh man! i hate that sound the door makes too.. its just one loud THUNK. and sometimes the car even shakes. But what i hate more is when people slam the trunk. You know our Legends' trunk barely stays open by itsself, and there is little to no resistance when u close it. So my friends expects resistance and when they slam it even the change in my front cupholder shakes.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Grrr.. I feel you guys. Everyone is slammin' the doors on my sedan way harder than needed. My last car had crazy thick rubber and you had to shut it firmly or it would'nt close, now I can't get my girlfriend to adjust. I even tell people before they close it, and they still slam the door.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah I hate that sh!t with a passion! I always say......"Just let the door close on it it's own!" Just a click to get it to shut is all that is necessary........the car will do the rest. I have just resorted to opening and closing the door for my passengers myself.........when I have a passenger! The women like for me to open and close their door though because they think that I am being courteous! They just don't know!:D :D

Ghost

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.