Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Dont Catch
4,530 Posts
well you're not going to get any good readings at all if you try and swap 4 different chips with only 1 run each...

plus the advertisement is for 4 dyno "pulls"

not a tuning session.

plus at that low of a rate you might need to book in advance... and they're most likely not going to give you alot of time in between pulls.

the reason for multiple dyno pulls is to get an average reading.
3 is the norm. so...

^ i second that motion..but i do think more power = less mpg. with the gas prices nowadays im in for more mpg
you'd be surprised with what fuel tuning could do... find the optimum a/f ratio... make the legend run less rich...

adding more fuel doesnt always equal more power... thats why those IAT sensor hacks dont really work

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
yea I was gonna say...if you're out for every little horsey that can be had, get an Apexi SAFCII or Apexi Neo. I've got the SAFCII and I LOVE it!

it's cool to look at, you can change displays, etc. I've got mine showing RPM's and throttle position. You never realize how LITTLE of the throttle you use on a normal basis.

I got mine installed and tuned at my local dyno shop. I didnt do it "right" in that I dont remember EXACTLY what I gained, etc...but it was significant (ok it's no turbo but it was def NOT just a few HP).

Another cool thing is that you can ask for different A/F setups. I had him do an "aggressive" setup and then wrote down all the settings he changed. I can do it on the fly (well maybe on the side of the road) if I want to. I stuck with the milder setup since it's my daily driver (and I ALWAYS get 24/25 mpg, period). It's a little over my head, but the dyno guy said that when you tweak the A/F, it's almost like the ECU has to work a little less....thus sometimes you get MPG gains when you're not expecting them. So I got more power and improved MPG

that price isnt bad...but yea, you'll probably get three runs right in a row. My local dyno offers similar prices...but for $65, you can get it "tuned" and they squeeze in as many runs as possible. When I did my SAFCII, he must have done 10-15 dyno runs while he was tweaking it.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
that price isnt bad...but yea, you'll probably get three runs right in a row. My local dyno offers similar prices...but for $65, you can get it "tuned" and they squeeze in as many runs as possible. When I did my SAFCII, he must have done 10-15 dyno runs while he was tweaking it.
Damn, that's pretty good. Me and Telion have been looking at dynoing our cars with different chips up here in Utah. We could only find 1 shop and it was booked until July.

Maybe he should send you some chips to try at your shop so we could get some good numbers and not just some rush job.

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
Damn, that's pretty good. Me and Telion have been looking at dynoing our cars with different chips up here in Utah. We could only find 1 shop and it was booked until July.

Maybe he should send you some chips to try at your shop so we could get some good numbers and not just some rush job.
cool Vic, I'd be all over helping out. this dyno shop is AWESOME...they do custom chips for LS1 or whatever and work mostly on Mustangs, hot rods, etc...but they're way cool and helpful. They also did most of my exhaust and I highly recommend them for anything. They'll probably put my cams in too

Best part is that the OWNER is the one who does the tuning, cant beat that!

they'll also do "dyno days" where you bring in a group, hot dogs, etc...

and it's def a DYNOJET at this place, in case anyone's wondering :)

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
yup, TI and TII in my garage :) two sedans though...I need to add a coupe to the collection

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Hmm that may have to call for a trip to AZ during your next big meet :)

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Hey Mellow.

Is the ECU different for Auto and MT? Or is it a seperate module for that?..

Because I have in my car (TypeII Auto NONTCS):

1 (Bayou StageII Ecu) that I picked up long ago in my car right now. I still have my stock one, so I can swap that back in and lend you my Bayou one for those Dyno runs. Let me know.
It would be interesting to see in the same car.

Stock vs Bayou vs SR5GUY vs Telion.

In my opinion anyways ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Mellow.

Is the ECU different for Auto and MT? Or is it a seperate module for that?..

Because I have in my car (TypeII Auto NONTCS):

1 (Bayou StageII Ecu) that I picked up long ago in my car right now. I still have my stock one, so I can swap that back in and lend you my Bayou one for those Dyno runs. Let me know.
It would be interesting to see in the same car.

Stock vs Bayou vs SR5GUY vs Telion.

In my opinion anyways ;)
I have a 6 speed. And honestly, I have no clue which chip works on which models. Maybe the performance experts can chime in.

Still up in the air whether to make the trip down to San Diego for this. Gas alone will cost more than the dyno pulls.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
lol good point on the gas.

And looks like the Auto ECU controls shift points for the tranny, so doubt it would work;

Honda R&D:
The Legend Sedan's optional automatic transmission is an electronically controlled four-speed unit that features the unique Honda R&D-designed constant mesh automatic gearbox and a programmed lockup torque converter.All shifting and torque converter lockup functions are electronically controlled via the transmission's 32K microprocessor, which is integrated with the engine computer into a single ECU.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.