Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
-------------------------
1,973 Posts
Slowly Apple is releasing features that should have been on the first one, but I guess that's how they pad their sales...

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So let me get this right, people will have to purchase a new phone or the 3g technology is already built in?
no its a firmware update. So i would imagine they would just do an update with the 3G on it. Either that, or if they make a new iphone with 3G on it, you can go in and trade it in. I know ill be pissed if they are trying to make us buy a new one with 3G on it.

·
GS/LS Conversion
2,481 Posts
no its a firmware update. So i would imagine they would just do an update with the 3G on it. Either that, or if they make a new iphone with 3G on it, you can go in and trade it in. I know ill be pissed if they are trying to make us buy a new one with 3G on it.
I agree with you 100%. did you down load the new sdk software to your i-phone? I just did that ten minutes ago and now I am feeling the updates out.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with you 100%. did you down load the new sdk software to your i-phone? I just did that ten minutes ago and now I am feeling the updates out.
theres an update out? i havent synced mine in a couple days. I thought the SDK they released was to be able to create programs for the iphone, something i have no clue about doing.

·
GS/LS Conversion
2,481 Posts
theres an update out? i havent synced mine in a couple days. I thought the SDK they released was to be able to create programs for the iphone, something i have no clue about doing.
You can check it out when you synce your i-phone or just log on to your developer program on the apple web site.

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,757 Posts
I was gonna buy one this weekend but my brother told me to wait for that one... Will it be a new looking or just an updated version model? Didnt they just add teh 16 GB one not too long ago? That would suck if you had to buy a new one but, I dont see them making any money off of this.

Should I just buy it now or wait?

·
GS/LS Conversion
2,481 Posts
Just wait a little! apple has more goodies in store for the next few weeks and months to come. as for me,I got my i-phone on the first day of release and it cost me $700.00 total w/ at&t phone line connection. that's what is was on the first day 6-30-07 you gotta pay to play.

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,757 Posts
I bet you have an iphone plan too... Those are rape, Im just gonna keep my existing plan and get the unlimited goodies pack for $40

·
1,973 Posts
I bet you have an iphone plan too... Those are rape, Im just gonna keep my existing plan and get the unlimited goodies pack for $40
That's what's preventing me from buying an iPhone... I thought I could just slide my sim chip into one but I was told you have to buy all the extra crap and basically end up w/ a $100/mo bill. Can you just stick w/ a regular plan and add a data option to it?

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,757 Posts
Yea.... Thats what Im doing, my friend at cingular told me if you plan on getting one,(if you dont already have cingular) to get the best free phone possible and a good plan no text or net plan no isurance or nothing, just the plan. Then a few days later, buy the iphone, get the unlimited package (39.99) insurance is not an option so dont worry about that and youre set. Cingular has to honor your short but existing contract and provide you with the phone you want, they catch you back up on the $40 package though dont they... lol

·
1,973 Posts
There's still talk that the old version iPhone won't be able to take a firmware update to access 3G networks because the hardware was never installed in the original... Anyone have any more info on this?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yea.... Thats what Im doing, my friend at cingular told me if you plan on getting one,(if you dont already have cingular) to get the best free phone possible and a good plan no text or net plan no isurance or nothing, just the plan. Then a few days later, buy the iphone, get the unlimited package (39.99) insurance is not an option so dont worry about that and youre set. Cingular has to honor your short but existing contract and provide you with the phone you want, they catch you back up on the $40 package though dont they... lol
On the 40 dollar plan, what does that all include and is that the total amount for the contract?
or is it a regular plan + 40 dollars.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There's still talk that the old version iPhone won't be able to take a firmware update to access 3G networks because the hardware was never installed in the original... Anyone have any more info on this?
ive heard opposite, you think people were pissed after the price drop? imagine the 3G upgrade and then they say you have to buy a new one to get to use it. There will be thousands, if not millions of PISSED off iphone owners, and they dont want that.

I looked around on the web for information on this, from what i got, all iphones made right now, have the ability to use 3G, but its not unlocked. So the firmware update in May, should just unlock the ability to use 3G.

The reason they have been hesistant to release 3G on the iphone, is the loss of battery life, since its always communicating with the network, it uses more battery life.

Im still waiting on a battery you can plug into the bottom of the iphone. External rechargable backup batteries FTW!

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,757 Posts
+1 on the battery life. My friends dies every night.
$40 is for the unlimited net, text, and mms plan I believe

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
+1 on the battery life. My friends dies every night.
$40 is for the unlimited net, text, and mms plan I believe
ya, ive adapted to charging it while im driving, since i spent alot of time in my car, it stays pretty charged. Also, it helps to carry an extra USB plug with you if your gonna be using it alot, you can usually find a USB hub with some power to it pretty easily, they still need an attachable back up battery.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts