Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
The Climate Control looks good!! I wish I could get it to work in an L. It would be great to try to set it up, but it seems like way too much work... I wonder if anyone was "ever" truly successful getting it to work???

And I would be all over those mirrors if that dude was not smoking a crack pipe before he listed them, $230 is pretty steep!!

· Registered
2,973 Posts
I'm not really sure what he's talking about !! Folding mirrors ?? My '90LS Coupe mirrors fold by " pushing " them......are these " powered " folding mirrors ??.not sure....they don't seem to be...and as far as the auto climate control.....I have 4 extras.......John

· Registered
1,723 Posts
ND1980LS said:
I'm not really sure what he's talking about !! Folding mirrors ?? My '90LS Coupe mirrors fold by " pushing " them......are these " powered " folding mirrors ??.not sure....they don't seem to be...and as far as the auto climate control.....I have 4 extras.......John
I think they're folding "powered" mirrors...LOL

· Registered
1,723 Posts
Polarican90L said:
The Climate Control looks good!! I wish I could get it to work in an L. It would be great to try to set it up, but it seems like way too much work... I wonder if anyone was "ever" truly successful getting it to work???

And I would be all over those mirrors if that dude was not smoking a crack pipe before he listed them, $230 is pretty steep!!
I believe a newcomer to the forum posted in the last week or two that he'd succesfully installed a climate-control system in his car. First post I've ever seen where someone actually did it.

· Registered
2,973 Posts
wooga said:
It shouldn't be a problem getting the climate control to work in an "L". My 87L coupe has it (and the console computer), so I'd bet all the wiring is already in place for yours.
hmmmm....from what I've read/heard in the past....there are a lot more sensors for the auto control than the manual control.....and a lot of wiring !

· Registered
647 Posts
5speed said:
yep...they are...I've seen these on ebay one other time pretty cool, but pretty useless...if you're parking in areas so tight that you need to bring your mirrors in, how the heck are you going to get out of your car? It would be more of a gadget thing than anything else.

OT...5Speed...your mailbox is full

· because i can.
10,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL sorry guys ive been outta town a few days...yeah I said these were pretty nice finds...not nice and reasonable finds :giggle:

I thought the same thing about the crack feind (sp) selling those powered mirrors...but I have to admit they sure ARE rare!!

Yeah I remember reading about that newbie that had "successfully" installed the ACC...it'd be nice if all the wiring was in place for some, but for sure my 87L sedan will not have the wiring as I have yet to EVER see any 86-87 sedan with Auto Climate Control...oh well....

· Registered
234 Posts
5speed said:
i Think they are powered mirrors and they are also power folding mirrors. His control unit has one extra button on the top right that mine does not have. so that may be used to fold them. Ive seen these before on other cars and the do save you from soccer mum hitting your mirrors in the car park :2cool:

· Registered
638 Posts
hey, this might sound dumb but i tried folding my mirrors back a couple times and i consistantly got about 15-20 more miles per tank lol. its like saving a gallon per tank, i drive mostly on the interstate and i never use my side mirrors, i dont trust them, i allways look over my shoulder. plus the side mirrors blind me at night if they are positioned for use.

think about it... a mirror is about the size of your hand, when your driving fast and you put your hand out the window there is alot of resistance, imagine how much energy it takes to power that resistance about 250miles.

· Registered
234 Posts
cigarettcancerman said:
hey, this might sound dumb but i tried folding my mirrors back a couple times and i consistantly got about 15-20 more miles per tank lol. its like saving a gallon per tank, i drive mostly on the interstate and i never use my side mirrors, i dont trust them, i allways look over my shoulder. plus the side mirrors blind me at night if they are positioned for use.

think about it... a mirror is about the size of your hand, when your driving fast and you put your hand out the window there is alot of resistance, imagine how much energy it takes to power that resistance about 250miles.
Ok that did sound dumb :giggle: but i would be sweet to get over 500km a tank :D

· Registered
647 Posts
cigarettcancerman said:

Now what would be really cool with these electric mirrors would be to rig them up so that at highway speeds they retract and individually extend when you signal to one side or the other.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.