Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about ready to order some Brembos from Mr wood at raceconcepts but I need to know a few things.

1st: How hard is it to install them yourself?

2nd: What kind of pads do i need to upgrade to, where can I find them, and how much do they cost?

3rd: What kind of break-in period do I need to perform on them before I can go about my business as usual?

Thanks,

·
Registered
722 Posts
Axxis Metal Master pads...Are you only doing rotors?? How much $$?? I ordered powerstop rotors from http://www.spiderautomotive.com/clcoupeintegra.html and they are easy to install. The manufacturer suggests 200-500 miles of easy going! Then you can go as usual. When I recieved my powerstop's I was surprised to see BREMBO on the rotor itself. I didn't know brembo made powerstop. And you can definately feel the difference!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Also when I got them I was surprised to see all four are vented. On the website it says front vented and rear slotted but I recieved all vented and it was what I wanted in the first place!! GOOD GOOD

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm ordering them from raceconcepts.net and there is a group buy going right now to get a 4 for about $230 + S/H. They are brembo dimpled and slotted.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, thanks for the info. Btw, you have one of the nicest stereo setups I think I have ever seen. Very clean looking...sharp.

·
Registered
847 Posts
jrock7791 said:
Axxis Metal Master pads...Are you only doing rotors?? How much $$?? I ordered powerstop rotors from http://www.spiderautomotive.com/clcoupeintegra.html and they are easy to install. The manufacturer suggests 200-500 miles of easy going! Then you can go as usual. When I recieved my powerstop's I was surprised to see BREMBO on the rotor itself. I didn't know brembo made powerstop. And you can definately feel the difference!
:eek: HUH? The powerstops are Brembos??? Where did you see that??? I gotta check mine:D

BTW, do you really listen to J-Rock or just that you are living in Japan???:)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Check that link I put on my OG post for this thread, When I recieved them the boxes said POWERSTOP and the rotor's them selves say BREMBO on the edge of it!! And JROCK was my nickname long before coming here but I do listen to all the music here some of it is really good and the Pop stars like Aiyumi Hamasaki, and Namie Amuro...FINE AS HE**!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
JROCK
are you sure when u say vented u do not mean slotted. Vented is the term used for the internal vains on the front sic. The rear is a solib piece with no interal ventng. Slotted is the term used for the cuts that the machine shop would of put n your rotor.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
Those rotors themselves were made by Brembo probably, but the machining the slots or cross-drill were done by powerstop. Brembo have their rotor edges engraved w/ their symbol and other info, but it used to be that 3rd party vendors did the cross drill and/or slotting until recently i believe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts