Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont like the look of my clear corners with the stock yellowish bulbs and i dont think im buying headlight bulbs bc ill jus get real HIDs in summer but i want to get new bulbs in my corners and bumpers that will match my new HIDs wen i get them...........im prolly going to get 8000k HIDs....................what can i get to match it????

also there is the K2 8000k HID kit for $500 on ebay...............which i herd is the best.......................and then there is a cheaper one for $360..........and then one for $400 sumthing that is also 8000k and that one says PURPLE..........while K2 is blue.................whats up with the color difference when they are both 8000 kelvin?

are these cheaper ones still good quality??

thanks alot:)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
they should be find. osram creates the ballasts for the k2 i think. all ballasts should be worthy. the only different things are the bulbs. there's 4100k, 5500k, 6000k, 7000k, 8000k, and 12000k bulbs out there. I say go for the 6000k Philips d2r ultinons.

we have a legend member on the board who hsa 8000k k2 hid setup i think. it looks very nice so far.

G

·
Don't go for anything else other than 6000K.

Now for corner bulbs. There are none that match. So you are best off just using two amber bulbs for each spot. That is what I did along with some other guys who have HID's and I think that it looks real good.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Don't go for anything else other than 6000K.

Now for corner bulbs. There are none that match. So you are best off just using two amber bulbs for each spot. That is what I did along with some other guys who have HID's and I think that it looks real good.

Hey SpeedDemon, what brand are your amber corner bulbs? I have the slyvania ones from the auto store, but they don't look as bright. Thanks

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
K2 kits are made in Korea and many people who have them have told their experiences. The bulbs and ballasts are said to be made from cheaper materials and the quality pales in comparison to Philips.

LEgEnD4LiFe said:
is 6000k very white with a little blue, or is it very blue? what color range is purple? and why not 8000k? and please tell me why u think that i should not get anything other then 6000k?

thanks
6000K bulbs have the exact look that you are wanting. They have the very blue.

Regular OEM type HID bulbs are 4100K Color Temperature. With 6000K color temperature some light is lost but it isn't noticeable b/c the blue light reflects on road signs better and is more attractive to the human eye.

The reason he said that you shouldn't get anything other than 6000K is b/c the loss of light really takes its toll. As I said, the loss of light going from the 4100K bulbs to the 6000K bulbs isn't very dramatic. But the loss of light with 8000K and 12000K is dramatic and will be basically like having very purple halogens, which can be accomplished with cheap halogen blue bulbs and defeats the purpose of purchasing HID.

If you can wait a few weeks, I will be able to get Genuine Philips 6000K kit at a great price. Going with Philips will be your best bet. It is what car companys like Mercedes, lexus, and BMW use for their OEM HID's.

Go to the Philips forums and see what they think also. I just want you to have confidence in what is good and what is not. Here is the URL. http://www.lighting.philips.com/forum/forum_6/wwwforum.cgi

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
~~~~~> SpeedDemon <~~~~

where did u get your corner light thay look demmm good with those bulbs and what kind of bulbs did u use bc i wand to do my corners and i looking for somethign cool

thanx

·
Registered
580 Posts
The PIAA wedge bulbs in Hyperwhite will match

I have them on my coupe and my corners do not look yellowish next to my AutoLamps.com custome 9006 HIDS

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Matt, pics and price??
also James and legendarith can u plz post pics of ur HIDs ??
and are they 6000k, 8000k, etc?? and for both types of the corner bulbs, PIAA, and Polarg, are they just pure white or do they look a little blue too??? and for PIAA whats better, Hyperwhite or Extreme White? and which size bulb did u get?

please answer all my questions, thanks alot guys:)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
wat do u guys think of these 6000K Phillips HIDs????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1819802278

only $300

btw what are D2R and D2S bulbs, whats the diff, etc?
Those are Philips but not 6000K color temp, they are 4100K, just like Speeddemons, my x5 HID's, and all other OEM HID Bulbs...Just b/c its an HID kit doesn't mean its 6000K and Speeddemons kit is white/yellow...

Also, d2r is for OEM HID Reflector headlamps and D2S is for OEM Projector headlamps. If you get a kit for your legend don't get D2S or D2R b/c they will screw up your beam pattern(Speeddemon and Darith have them) and blind oncoming traffic. Get a kit with 9006 bases, so your beam pattern works...I will have 9006 applications available very soon.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh my bad i didnt notice it was not 6000k....................anyway i checked for a phillips 6000k kit on ebay too and its $700!!!!
thats WAY too much man, even $500 is really PUSHING it for me............thats why i really liked that $300 phillips kit even if its not 6000k its a very good price and its still Phillips, which u say is the best quality...........so i might just get that kit..........unless the one you are gettin is a good price like that one................
let me know? also when are u gettin them, and im just curious, from where?? and pics and prices please??

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
legendarith said:
:eek: they do not blind oncoming traffic! they just don't have a distinct beam pattern.
Dude, yes they do. Your friend told you wrong. You have regular based(non 9006) HID bulbs in a halogen housing. You have glare.

I had exactly what you do man, regular based HID Bulbs in my housings. When approaching a semi that is coming towards me, I could see the driver in the semi's cab. It was guaranteed to get flashed like 3 times night.

You need to get some 9006 bulbs too, you have honestly paid money to make your vision worse. I'm just telling you the realities. Go post on the Philips forum and see if they tell you different. http://www.lighting.philips.com/forum/forum_6/wwwforum.cgi

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
They have a glare not too bright to blind oncomming traffic. The beams point to the ground and reflection shoot outwards. It's blinding if you crouch down on the ground and look at the beam directly, only if you crouch. I'm trying to get d2r bulbs to help correct this. Going to sell the d2s bulbs and projectors. Hey, thanks I appreciate the support.

You need to get some 9006 bulbs too,
?!? :confused:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Matt Whelan said:
K2 kits are made in Korea and many people who have them have told their experiences. The bulbs and ballasts are said to be made from cheaper materials and the quality pales in comparison to Philips.

6000K bulbs have the exact look that you are wanting. They have the very blue.

Regular OEM type HID bulbs are 4100K Color Temperature. With 6000K color temperature some light is lost but it isn't noticeable b/c the blue light reflects on road signs better and is more attractive to the human eye.

The reason he said that you shouldn't get anything other than 6000K is b/c the loss of light really takes its toll. As I said, the loss of light going from the 4100K bulbs to the 6000K bulbs isn't very dramatic. But the loss of light with 8000K and 12000K is dramatic and will be basically like having very purple halogens, which can be accomplished with cheap halogen blue bulbs and defeats the purpose of purchasing HID.

If you can wait a few weeks, I will be able to get Genuine Philips 6000K kit at a great price. Going with Philips will be your best bet. It is what car companys like Mercedes, lexus, and BMW use for their OEM HID's.

Go to the Philips forums and see what they think also. I just want you to have confidence in what is good and what is not. Here is the URL. http://www.lighting.philips.com/forum/forum_6/wwwforum.cgi
Matt,
Im interested in the Phillips 6000k kit.
How much are they gonna be?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.