Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know whats the problem with my car. i have to jump start it every where i go and when i went to the auto parts store to check my battery they said it was a good battery and my alternator is still good. im wondering what else can the problem be. Every time i try to start it up i hear a rattle-clicking sound and it wont start unless i jump start it. does anyone know what is the problem and how much it would cost to fix. thanks

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Go to another shop and retest the battery? How did the shop test the battery anyway? Did they load test it on the battery testing machine? Anyway, my personal bet is a bad battery.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
If the "rattle-clicking" sound is your starter solenoid, then you have either a major drain condition or a battery unable to hold a charge. If your battery is 3+ yrs old, you are due for a new one. Have the battery tested by another facility as well as the alt. This will rule out a charging system fault. You didn't mention how long it took for a recharged battery to drain to a no-start condition. If it happens overnight, check for a faulty trunk lamp or glove box lamp switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i think i should go to another shop and get the battery checked out. they used a meter thing when the battery was connected to the car and that reading said good charging system but battery was weak and then the machine inside the shop said it was a good battery so i dont know whats going on. i had the battery less than a year and its still under warranty but the thing is they wont give me another battery until that machine says its a bad battery. this happens everytime i start my car no matter if i drive all day or just a few minutes i have to get it jump started everytime i turn my car off. thanks for the help hopefully i get it fixed today.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you checked to be sure that the connections are tight at the battery terminal? Over time, the bands that go around the battery terminal can stretch. The result is that, even though the bolts are tight, the connection to the battery is loose. I have had to put in shims to take up the slack. See if you can twist either cable connection at the battery post. WHM

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
i had this same problem where the shop tested my battery and said it was fine , they even said there was a drain but it was no where to be found finally i just replaced the battery and everything works fine ..this was months ago and the car has sat for 4 days without a start and still started right up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help guys i got the problem fixed. i asked a few people and everyone said it was my battery and i told them the battery was tested good so i took my friends battery and put it in my car and it worked fine. i went back to the same shop that said the battery was good and retested. the result was that my battery was dead and they gave me a new one which works fine now. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts