Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Wha*ever ** *akes
2,543 Posts
rangerjoe said:
turbos will ALWAYS give you more power. nitrous only gives you power for a few seconds.

and of course nos isnt better for your engine, ESP without modification of gaskets and whatnot. all a turbo will do, is put more air into the cylinders at a certain point. nitrous makes your engine burn A WHOLE LOT HOTTER than it is supposed to. thats what it does. a turbo will not make the engine run much hotter, because if you are halfway intelligent, you will have an intercooler.

also, if you are halfway intelligent, you wont put the boost at 20 or something.

the only thing the turbo will change, is the compression. it puts more air into the cylinder. the only way the tranny is effected, is if you try and add 150hp, in that case, you might have to get a better clutch. but you will have problems with gaskets before you have tranny problems. any good turbo kit will come with those upgraded parts though.
some people may only want the power for those few seconds. besides, for the dollar, nos is the way to go seeing as no real turbo kit has been made for the legend. for $500 you can have nos kit installed, but turbo will cost you about 10000000 times more than that right now. but who knows, maybe down the road somethign will be made for our legends.

·
Wha*ever ** *akes
2,543 Posts
all this talking about stuff that could go wrong scares me. im getting my stuff put on friday but im afraid. i dont wanna blow her up cause i really dont have the money right now to get new motor and put it in. ill be spraying 65 shot, but still im scared. anybody have pics of where in the trunk they put their bottle?

·
Wha*ever ** *akes
2,543 Posts
rangerjoe, if you like turbos so much, why not just get one. go out and spend the minimum $10k and get that done. either that, or just go get a turbocharged car. but until you get a turbo or s/c for your legend, please do not say that turbo is better for our car. might be better on other cars, but not the legend. the only serious turbo cars are supras, rx7s, evo's, imprezas, etc. you cant stap on a GReddy turbo kit onto a civic and be a bad ass. ooooo wow, you got .5lbs of boost out of that thing. ill still smoke that pos civic with just intake. then with the 75 shot, it would be a waste of my time and gas.
another thing, the nos can always be available. all you have to do is leave the system turned on. not the best idea for the engine, but it can be if you want it to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.