Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Nos is the dumbest way to get extra hp. The only time you use it, is for racing....so if thats ALL you used your car for. you only get the extra power for a matter of seconds....a turbo would be a much better idea, and it would do less harm to your engine.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
turbos will ALWAYS give you more power. nitrous only gives you power for a few seconds.

and of course nos isnt better for your engine, ESP without modification of gaskets and whatnot. all a turbo will do, is put more air into the cylinders at a certain point. nitrous makes your engine burn A WHOLE LOT HOTTER than it is supposed to. thats what it does. a turbo will not make the engine run much hotter, because if you are halfway intelligent, you will have an intercooler.

also, if you are halfway intelligent, you wont put the boost at 20 or something.

the only thing the turbo will change, is the compression. it puts more air into the cylinder. the only way the tranny is effected, is if you try and add 150hp, in that case, you might have to get a better clutch. but you will have problems with gaskets before you have tranny problems. any good turbo kit will come with those upgraded parts though.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
turbos compress the air, and send it back into the cylinders. when something is compressed, you fit more of it, into the same space....which is what a turbo does...if you were not aware.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
SNEEK-E HONDA KA7 said:
Ranger, why you so against NOS?? You diss NOS, but many of us Legends would take your lunch and throw it in your mama's face if we ever raced you. There are alot of people here running Nitrous, and no one has burned a motor up yet, that I can recall.
It would take years of NOS use to EQUAL the cost of even the most entry level turbo system available for the common Civic. Now, compare that to the cost of the non-existent turbo system that is definitely not available fo my Legend. If you had a turbo car, you would not have power all the time. Most of us sit in congested traffic, and personally, my car rarely goes over 2500 rpm between the hours of 7am and 9pm. And, when I use my NOS, I end up going way to fast anyway, I have to turn it back off. I don't like that much power on the road.
My friend has a 2001 Prelude, previously running a JR S/C, now running a F-Max turbo. He is thinking about pulling all that crap off and going NOS. Why? Because his car is fast enough NA to get into trouble, and tuning the always "on" S/C and Turbo systems has been a continuous problem in regards to part throttle driving. Now his car runs 99% perfect, but sometimes his current state of tune causes daily driving problems. Nitrous never has driveability problems. And a full tank lasts me at least 2 months. At $50 a refill, I spend $300 a year on Nitrous. And at any moment, I can smoke you big time in your NA Legend. Don't matter if you have the TypeII, 6 speed, intake, chip, exh, the wishful thinking DV8 headers, you will go down to any NOS Legend. :rolleyes:
whats your point? i know my car isnt an 11 second car, or even a 14 second car. i never said it was.

90Legend218 said:
RangerJoe you really have no idea what you are talking about. Almost everything you said was wrong.
lol. nice explanation of why you think im wrong. turbos compress air, and in turn put more of it into the cylinders. the more air there is in the cylinder, the more HP/torque you have. thats what i said....the condensed version.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
lol. im saying NOS isnt an economical way to increase power. you only get the added power for a few seconds...A TURBO IS CONTINUOUS POWER. do you see what i mean? im not uneducated. ive driven and ridden in cars with turbos, ive driven and ridden in cars with NOS.
i have mods on my car. none that increase power very much, but i do. LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE for God's sake. you can read im sure ;) .

im confused about nothing. you are biased towards NOS because you have it. i like a turbocharged car because of the characteristics of them. do you see what i mean?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.