Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to piggyback off your title ram3ez, but I thought some dedicated to legends as most of us on this site are should follow up on this. I saw this post on my local craigslist:

1995 Acura Legend GS 6-Speed only 80K immaculate condition must go!

Says its a 6 speed, original owner, black on black, GS, dealer maintained, 80k orignal miles. For only $5500!! if thats not enough to turn some heads around here then I don't know what will. Most GS's go for that much and they've been ragged out. Hope this helps someone. FYI, I have NOTHING to do with this sale, just saw it and thought I should post it up. Hope this helps somebody looking for that one. :woot:

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
WOW and the guy is the original owner and rates it as a 9.5 out of 10! plus he says it's his pride and joy...I emailed him and told him to get on here (or I would help him w/ thread and pics, etc)

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
I wish he would have just put his number on the ad! no reply to my email yet

·
Registered
831 Posts
I said sold without looking at it...emailed him immediately! still no reply....:wtf:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I emailed right away and got ahold of the seller and offered a whole bunch of $$ but he stated that he sold it just two hours after the ad posted. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.
That's a real shame... Kind of fishy too if you ask me. Sold in 2 hours? If he had 40+ people email him like he said wouldn't you think he'd hold on to it for a little longer or settle for the best offer? Or wait for the perfect buyer who is a real enthusiast and is well deserving of the car?

Or maybe it was a prank... think about it. He bought the car brand new, its his pride and joy... Sounds like he knew a thing or two about these cars and knew their worth... Why would he only ask $5.5k if indeed it was a 9.5/10? Really suspicious.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Heck, if all he wanted was $5.5k for it.... he would've just traded it in if he got a 2008 RL...and how do you even sell a car in 2 hours? What are the odds that so many people even know what the Legend is being the rare car that it is...that's probably why there was no phone number to call. I smell BS.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not really. I just sold a semi beat Villager in 1 hour on CL for the asking price.

Key is price it to sell and that is what this guy did.

Heck. If I had seen it, I may have bought it then sold back here for a modest profit.
point taken. I still find it hard to believe that a guy who loved and took care of a car like the Legend would be so quick to get rid of it for such a rediculously low price... I mean cmon Villager compared to Legend..... big difference.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I call bullshit...I emailed him and asked for buyers contact info and still no reply. Too good to be true.

·
has left.
4,520 Posts
Damn... my office is in Lorton, VA: I could've looked at it. Says it's sold now...

Seriously... you expected him to give you the buyer's info? That would be simply irresponsible of him to do...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.