Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking on this board for a while and just last night, I passed by this Honda dealership and they had this White 95 LS Coupe (Auto) with only 57,000KMS!!!!

I test drove it and went back today only to find out that someone's already put a deposit on it and is flying in on wednesday to test drive it!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you were flying 3 hours to test drive a car, what's the percentage that you WOULDN'T buy it?????

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Do you remember the new "Gone IN 60 Seconds?"

WEll, just like Nick Cage in the tunnel in the Shelby Mustang (Eleanor), and the chopper chasing him...100...120....140...160...HE's GONE!

I think you need to keep your headup, and be patient...YOUR Legend WILL come...I just know If I was flying ANY amount of time, I better be driving back!

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
this is what my cousin did to get his Lexus SC400. The same thing happened to him. test drove, came back and the dealership said somebody will be there the next day to buy it. so he flattened the tires that night and the people backed out of the deal. Guess what, he still has his SC. :D

PS. This is illegal and not recommended.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
luvmylegend said:
this is what my cousin did to get his Lexus SC400. The same thing happened to him. test drove, came back and the dealership said somebody will be there the next day to buy it. so he flattened the tires that night and the people backed out of the deal. Guess what, he still has his SC. :D

PS. This is illegal and not recommended.
lol.. bwahah
this is a good idea.
cuz they have to test drive it, or else they wont sell it.

:) :)

Actually, this would have happened to me.
For every bad story, there's also a good story.

Me? Didnt even test drive it.
I knew it was the one.

-Jose

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Maybe i'll take a nice midnite drive on Tuesday.....lol

anyways, here's a pic of it:

If i don't get this one, i don't know when i'll end up getting one as I've never seen another 95 Coupe for sale before...

:(

Oh well........that's life..

·
OLD SKOOL P*MP
235 Posts
what a coincidence ...

i saw the same car last week and called them about it ... i was gonna put down a deposit on it today ... if i could make it down there this weekend ... i'm in edmonton ... but i'm still deciding

when i talked to the guy this afternoon ... he mentioned that no one had a deposit on it yet ... i wonder if your sales guy was referring to me flying down ...

just so you know ... the vehicle had a claim on it in 1996 for $6000 ... i couldn't find out what the exact damage was ... just the above amount ...

if you do get it ... congrats ... its a great find ... if not ... maybe i'll be lucky enough to get down there to pick it up ...

small world ...

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
It depends upon how accurately the vehicle was presented. Many yrs ago when I was seeking a used Corvette having the color and accessories as if I had bought it new, I spent over 8 months and drove the East Coast to view several cars which were misrepresented. Several times I spent less than 10 min evaluating after having driven 5+ hrs to view because the seller misrepresented the vehicle.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Hey DAI,

Don't Cry, Dry your eye !!!

If this one slips through your fingers, fly out to Albuquerque NM. There is a 94 LS CPE 6 Speed for sale. Only 12,900. I took a look at it sunday and it's clean. Visit the market place on this forum. The title is "94 LS Speed (Chaimpagne)" for a few more details.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: what a coincidence ...

chachinc said:
i saw the same car last week and called them about it ... i was gonna put down a deposit on it today ... if i could make it down there this weekend ... i'm in edmonton ... but i'm still deciding

when i talked to the guy this afternoon ... he mentioned that no one had a deposit on it yet ... i wonder if your sales guy was referring to me flying down ...

just so you know ... the vehicle had a claim on it in 1996 for $6000 ... i couldn't find out what the exact damage was ... just the above amount ...

if you do get it ... congrats ... its a great find ... if not ... maybe i'll be lucky enough to get down there to pick it up ...

small world ...
Nah, i don't think it was you cuz the saleman said that the person was coming from Sasktachewan and had put down a deposit by Credit Card. Anyways, I've got second dibs on the car if the guy doesn't buy it.

I'm crossing my fingers, but I don't think I'll be terribly upset if I don't get it. I'll be upset, but not terribly upset.... :D

Yeah I know about the hit. I saw the report on it and there were a couple of minor things as well such as a couple of vandalisms but they were very minor.

It needs a good cleaning inside but other than that, it looks to be in very good condition.

BTW, anyone know exactly 'how' loud the steering column is supposed to be when it moves?? I found that this one was kinda loud when putting the key in and taking it out.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
You should hear it as it moves , low huummm tone, if it snatches your attention from everything else then its to loud, that's about the best way I can think to describe it.

Do like that VW commercial get to the dealer at the same time as that guy stand next to the car and then as they walk toward the car lick the door handle....Hahahahahahah:D :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
the car looks real sweet man, i say show the dealer that you are really interested and offer to buy it for sure if the other guy backs out or try to convince him to sell it to you instead and see if he'll agree...or you can always vandalize the car yourself one night right before the guy flies in so he changes his mind before they have a chance to fix it...haha, or you can always stake the place out and wait till the guy arrives, then happen to bump into the car with yours right as the guy is about to test drive it...haha, then you go and make an offer!!!

i'm just playin' of course, but people always back out of buying cars...the 94 legend i bought from original owner had taken a deposit from a kid so i had to wait about three days before the kid backed out of it cuz his parents didn't agree to pay for it or he couldn't come up with the loot...good luck!!! :)

that's a bad ass legend too...looks real nice!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RenoG said:
Do like that VW commercial get to the dealer at the same time as that guy stand next to the car and then as they walk toward the car lick the door handle....Hahahahahahah:D :D
The first thing that my brother asked me when I told him that someone else was interested in the car was "Did you lick the door handle?"

LOL
:D

G

·
Yeah my 95 L Milano Red Coupe was brought 2 days before from a Lexus dealer right accross the sreet from the acura dealer I go to (Acura Carland Duluth, GA) .

Some lady traded it in for a GS or an LS 400.. The Acura Dealership brought it from the lexus dealer and put it on the lot. The weird thing is that the Coupe was originally brought in 95 at that dealership so they had all the records from the first day of purchase. I went and saw it on the lot. Took a test drive at around 3p.m and came back at 5p.m. and brought it...

Someone was comming back to buy it the next day.. He He..

Clean 95's are hard to come buy.. But if it was an LS ...:D :D But I'm happy with the L..:)

You will find your Coupe.. Be paitient.;)

·
OLD SKOOL P*MP
235 Posts
hey dai ...

yeah ... it wasn't me ... my sales guy just left me a msg this morning ...

i hope your bid for the car goes through ... good luck ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts