Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, not only did the bastiches break the key to my locking lugnuts (see my other thread for more info on that), but they torqued the other lug nuts down so tight that when I tried to take the wheels off today, one of the lugs sheared right off.

Man, those sum*****es are gonna be fixing it and I'm not paying one damned red cent!

In the mean time, how dangerous is it to be driving with only four lugs and lug nuts on one of the wheels (rear driver's side)?

·
Registered
83 Posts
HAVE FUNNNN!!!!!

Unfortunately I went through this because I thought it would be an easy thing to do.. I went to a garage to have an alignment done and they had to take one of my wheels off for some reason well in the mean time they used a damned impact wrench to re-torque the lugs and broke 4 of the 5 off and i didn't realize it until I was on the way to the grocery store and one of my racing harts almost fell off.... whew thank god im alive...

Well it's not an easy job you have to take the wheel off, remove the brake caliper and rotors, take off the axle nut, now for the fun part go rent a slide hammer if you don't have access to one and remove the whole hub to get to them then its easy just press out the broken studs and put in a new one...

hope this helps,

vito

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like it's not much fun at all. Glad I'll be making the tire shop do it!

Oh, did I mention that they also ruined two brand new tires? The reason it was in the shop at all was to fit my baby with some brand new Nitto NT-450's. So the idiot working the low-profile tire machine has done exactly one other installation on this machine, and sure enough, he uses the breaker bar to try and seat the bead, and BAM!, punctures a hole in the sidewall. Not to be outdone, he tries on a second tire with the same result. So now, a full week later, I'm still waiting for the insurance claim to be settled (their insurance, not mine) so that they can have two more tires shipped to them.

Needless to say, I will be standing there watching every single step that they take.

So far, I'm thinking that between ruining two tires, breaking my lug nut key, costing me $10 to get the locking lugs removed at a different shop, and breaking at least one lug, they should be installing these tires for free and refunding me the $10 to fix their mistake.

When I find out for sure which shop it was (I had the car in for repair, and that shop sent the car out for the tire work), I'll be sure to post in here so that no one goes there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.