Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I should just start a my bad luck thread right? Can I compile all of my bad luck threads into one? Here's the new story....

My mechanic was driving my car after he had fixing the 27 thousand oil leaks, because I wanted it perfect, and he gets pulled over. The highway patrolman decides he needs a ticket for illegal tint and no front plate. Plate, no biggee, tint, crap. Oh yeah, and he was an asshole to the cop. So now, I have to go down tomorrow, have my tint removed and let the hi-po look at it. The only thing good about this is it is speeding up my bunched up window seal replacement, which caused my tint to roll. But now I'm going to have to drive around looking stupid with no tint on my front windows. Acura said my pieces should be in Thursday, which is $215 :( (i just wrote a $625 chk for my oil leak fixes today). :0uch: Then I have to fix that and take it back to have my illegal tint put back on. The other good new is that when I called the tint place the manager answered and I :bigcry: him my story and he said he will take my tint off and replace it after my seal is fixed for free.

So my story is bad, good, bad, good. But mostly bad.

At least I'm a girl so tears get me somewhere....

·
Banned
2,990 Posts
Hmmmmmmm, I hear ya!

$#@#$%'s I went down to Iowa Saturday to give my Grandaughter a bike for her birthday. So, on the way home I'm doing like 75, OR SO! My cruise don't work yet. So, here's a Bear sittin in the middle of the interstate by a bridge. As soon as I see him I let off the gas. Switch over to the right lane, behind a truck that suddenly starts ridin his brakes. So I go a bit farther, and, you guessed it lights on. So, he pulls me over and asks if I knew how fast I was goin. I said 73-75, and that my cruise wasn't workin. He said he couldn't be sure it was me OR THE TRUCK, but he showed 73-76 on his gun. Then he asks about my tint. Well last year I got told to remove it, so I pulled the 32% from my 2 front windows, NOW I gotta pull it on ALL my windows, STATE LAW: 50% all around. Screw it, why should I even bother installin 50%. At least I got away with all warnings but, c'mon................hardasses!:rolleyes: :(

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
So I should just start a my bad luck thread right? Can I compile all of my bad luck threads into one? Here's the new story....

My mechanic was driving my car after he had fixing the 27 thousand oil leaks, because I wanted it perfect, and he gets pulled over. The highway patrolman decides he needs a ticket for illegal tint and no front plate. Plate, no biggee, tint, crap. Oh yeah, and he was an asshole to the cop. So now, I have to go down tomorrow, have my tint removed and let the hi-po look at it. The only thing good about this is it is speeding up my bunched up window seal replacement, which caused my tint to roll. But now I'm going to have to drive around looking stupid with no tint on my front windows. Acura said my pieces should be in Thursday, which is $215 :( (i just wrote a $625 chk for my oil leak fixes today). :0uch: Then I have to fix that and take it back to have my illegal tint put back on. The other good new is that when I called the tint place the manager answered and I :bigcry: him my story and he said he will take my tint off and replace it after my seal is fixed for free.

So my story is bad, good, bad, good. But mostly bad.

At least I'm a girl so tears get me somewhere....
When you get her back take a nice weekend getaway somewhere in the car and fall in love with it all over again...of course taking some Jack Daniels along (not while driving of course~) helps!! Hope this is the last of the worries for a while!

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmmmmm, I hear ya!

$#@#$%'s I went down to Iowa Saturday to give my Grandaughter a bike for her birthday. So, on the way home I'm doing like 75, OR SO! My cruise don't work yet. So, here's a Bear sittin in the middle of the interstate by a bridge. As soon as I see him I let off the gas. Switch over to the right lane, behind a truck that suddenly starts ridin his brakes. So I go a bit farther, and, you guessed it lights on. So, he pulls me over and asks if I knew how fast I was goin. I said 73-75, and that my cruise wasn't workin. He said he couldn't be sure it was me OR THE TRUCK, but he showed 73-76 on his gun. Then he asks about my tint. Well last year I got told to remove it, so I pulled the 32% from my 2 front windows, NOW I gotta pull it on ALL my windows, STATE LAW: 50% all around. Screw it, why should I even bother installin 50%. At least I got away with all warnings but, c'mon................hardasses!:rolleyes: :(
Geez, what is even the point of getting tint if you can only have 50%? That's nothing!

When you get her back take a nice weekend getaway somewhere in the car and fall in love with it all over again...of course taking some Jack Daniels along (not while driving of course~) helps!! Hope this is the last of the worries for a while!
Well, I still love her, I'm just mad at her right now. Since Jan, she has cost me at least $1000 a month, Feb. was $3000. Do you know what I could drive for that kind of car payment!!! $1000 a month could get me a nice ride. But I love her so I'm not trading her in! Eventually she will not be so high maintenance :rofl:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Eventually she will not be so high maintenance :rofl:
...now you know what most of us guys are thinking when we decide to get engaged...then you get married and the maintenance increases...then forget if you then have a baby girl...because when Daddy's Little Girl wraps you around her finger...she gets anything she wants :rofl:

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...now you know what most of us guys are thinking when we decide to get engaged...then you get married and the maintenance increases...then forget if you then have a baby girl...because when Daddy's Little Girl wraps you around her finger...she gets anything she wants :rofl:
Now I know why my dad gave me everything I asked for! :giggle:

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
Can't you pay for the tint ticket and keep the tint? Here in NY its a $60 ticket and ur done...no need to show proof it was removed. Then again I can't get a ticket for mine due to my dr's note ;)

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't you pay for the tint ticket and keep the tint? Here in NY its a $60 ticket and ur done...no need to show proof it was removed. Then again I can't get a ticket for mine due to my dr's note ;)
What dr's note? no fair! I need to research something that I would need a dr's note for :giggle: I think the only reason they are doing the fix it thing is because the guy got mouthy over it. Which it was bullshit, they ticketed him for it and it's not his car.

·
difficult to kill
722 Posts
seriously... a doctors note for tint would be sweet. think i could get one for stage iv metastasized melanoma?

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
seriously... a doctors note for tint would be sweet. think i could get one for stage iv metastasized melanoma?
could be, if it were me I would try it ;)

I just looked at your myspace page, lol, I never noticed that you were in sacto. We have a house in rancho, hope to move there within the next couple of years.

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
I have very light skin.....almost no pigment (well there's pigment, it's all peach colored :lol: ) If I don't wear sunscreen going outside with sunglasses I will eventually develop skin cancer..... I actually have to have my reg altered for the tint....I haven't done it yet..

·
I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
you know...

Atleast your car will be right when it's done:)

Your luck isn't that bad.....well yea it is...but hey...you've still got all your front teeth :D;) jk

Hope that tint thing works out for you:)

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you know...

Atleast your car will be right when it's done:)

Your luck isn't that bad.....well yea it is...but hey...you've still got all your front teeth :D;) jk

Hope that tint thing works out for you:)
Omg, if I didn't have teeth I would die! I'm 28 and just got my first cavity!

Well, my mechanic talked to the Judge and he was like, the reason we are so hard on dark tint is because one of our officers was shot and killed by someone that had dark tint. I'm like, geeeeez, I'm not packin, don't punish me! Whatever, it's just in that town and I never go over there, so after I get everything done, I will have the tint put back on, just as dark next week.

·
difficult to kill
722 Posts
could be, if it were me I would try it ;)

I just looked at your myspace page, lol, I never noticed that you were in sacto. We have a house in rancho, hope to move there within the next couple of years.
hmm rancho cordova, or rancho murieta?? murieta is nice but pricey... also beware of the summers. 100*+ with 80% humidity its all bad.

I have very light skin.....almost no pigment (well there's pigment, it's all peach colored :lol: ) If I don't wear sunscreen going outside with sunglasses I will eventually develop skin cancer..... I actually have to have my reg altered for the tint....I haven't done it yet..
yeah dude skin cancer is no joke. that makes me think that i could probably get a similar 'note' though. new tint for the summer baby!

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmm rancho cordova, or rancho murieta?? murieta is nice but pricey... also beware of the summers. 100*+ with 80% humidity its all bad.

yeah dude skin cancer is no joke. that makes me think that i could probably get a similar 'note' though. new tint for the summer baby!
cordova, we have a house there that we rent out right now.

You should get a note, they say people get cancer on the left side of their body from being in the car alot. And you do live in the sunny state!

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
sad part is....I think I've already got it.....just hasn't "come out" yet....but I feel it will b4 I turn 40 :(

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jeeeeezus I have the worst luck :rofl: So, I ordered the pieces for my windows to fix the bunched up outer seal and get them, pay the $200+ for them, take the car to the mechanic and he just calls me and says they gave me the wrong part. They gave me the inner seal. Dumbasses. So I call Acura and have them order the right part. It's $100 more than what I have AND it's backordered. Sonofa...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.