·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Hey Mike u forgot about me and Jon.
I realize that we didn't bring our legends but we were there as cheerleaders watching u sweat u're butt off wiping off the dust and pollen.

Esti

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Esti said:
Hey Mike u forgot about me and Jon.
I realize that we didn't bring our legends but we were there as cheerleaders watching u sweat u're butt off wiping off the dust and pollen.

Esti
Esti,

You are correct, even though u came in a CL nevertheless u made it :D :D :D . Kudos to Jon for waking up for this meet. Here's a pic of the wheels we saw, there hot kinda like sporty variation of the GS wheesl. But I never heard of Traffic Star wheels either:

Dee - Thanks for the compliments, you shoulda been there!!!!

Leon - Realistcally, I wouldn't encourage anyone to drive 800 miles for a 4 hour event, but hopefully we can pick a meeting place one day thats not too far for either group.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
MC_ said:

Leon - Realistcally, I wouldn't encourage anyone to drive 800 miles for a 4 hour event, but hopefully we can pick a meeting place one day thats not too far for either group.
I saw those wheels, and I was thinking they'd be VERY hot on a Legend...look almost like something belongin on an S600.

Thanks MC, I would like to get a centralized meet for folks from the Northeast and Southeast...we are left out of your events (so far), and sometimes vice versa. At least NOPI is a 3 day event :D.

Maybe you and I can work on that for next year? Let me know, I would love to see your car in person...along with the rest of our Northern Brethren. I have already seen Alexander's car...I wonder what tricks he'll ahve uip his sleeve...or will he be able to make it?:( Either way, I look forward to our steady progression.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Thats what I call a meet dude...Must have been fun..IMO, a legend can't lose, so you didn't lose...Our styling is better, older, and will last longer..:)

BTW, what is this? Did that dealership throw away those wheels? I'll take em!!!

:D

·
Five- O
857 Posts
MC_ said:

Esti,

You are correct, even though u came in a CL nevertheless u made it :D :D :D . Kudos to Jon for waking up for this meet. Here's a pic of the wheels we saw, there hot kinda like sporty variation of the GS wheesl. But I never heard of Traffic Star wheels either:

hey Mike I did a search for those wheel online yesterday b/c my father was really interested in them for his car- They are 3 peice wheels made in japan and start at about $619. Something tells me my father won't be interested :eek:

http://www.importtoys.com/wheels/trafficstar/trafficstar.htm

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I couldn't type!!!!!

When you put these pics up lest night, I was at work. The network adminstrators were updating network security. So while that was going on I couldn't reply. Just browse. Looking at all those sweet rides and could not say one word at the time about them. I had this experience were I was sleep but thought I was awoke (i guess) and tried to yell, etc. but nothing wouldn't come out. That was a terrible experience. Felt exactly the same last night. But anyway, i love all the TL's in the pics. Even your Ack. Wnen I first saw the newer TL's I thought they (Acura) was bringing back the Legend in its natural form. On well.......

·
2,873 Posts
Matt Whelan said:

BTW, what is this? Did that dealership throw away those wheels? I'll take em!!!

:D
Shhhhh....I put those rims in Mikes trunk. =)

:D :D

·
2,873 Posts
MC_ said:

Kudos to Jon for waking up for this meet.
No problem Mike, I only slept 3 prior to you picking me up. I gotta start learning to sleep on time. I felt like I was gonna pass out at any second during the meet...... I came home and ZzZzzzzzzz till 7pm

·
Registered
653 Posts
HMMMM if you think about it, You actually did pretty well for a 11 year old car. Most of those TL's arent even 5 years old and their paint is newer. Same concept I think all car shows should be based on. You can go buy a 2003 and put a kit and rims on it and win cause you dont have to worry about paint or any blemishes.

·
ƒŒƒWƒFƒ“ƒh
1,573 Posts
A place in arizona sells them starting at about 560 a wheel in 18's which is a better deal than 619! and thats with a plus 53 offset in a 18 7.5. check out www.I-M-Racing.com for more info. I was thinking of buying them for my legend but i decided on these instead

weds sport kranze shoki 3pc 18 7.5's
The wait is killing me... only import wheels if your ungodly paitent.

late

D.

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
MAN ur car is tight, u got nothing to be sorry about ITS TIGHT atleast you showed them how LEGENDS DO IT
-hass

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
R3.2Cyber said:
HMMMM if you think about it, You actually did pretty well for a 11 year old car. Most of those TL's arent even 5 years old and their paint is newer. Same concept I think all car shows should be based on. You can go buy a 2003 and put a kit and rims on it and win cause you dont have to worry about paint or any blemishes.
Yea, but have you heard all the horor stories on the TL/CL boards about Honda/Acura's new paint proccess? I rather have the 11 year old 4 coat base 4 coat clear paint over the new 1-2 coat base 1-2 coat clear they have now. There were numerous post about how easy the new paint on these Acura chip and peel. A few cases of the paint actually running right off the car when people accidently spilled some gas when filling up. Now I know spilling gas on paint is very bad, but at least our paint holds up and only strips the wax off and not the whole paint job. The only cars from Acura that have a good paint job is the RL and NSX which I believe still uses a 5 coat base 4 coat clear.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Oddly enough I had a little Zaino-off against my buddies TL-S last weekend as well. Here are the goods...

My hood or glass ? :)

I should note that he does not have a fresh layer of Zaino, but my paint is 8 years older ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts