Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
IM A LEGEND
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YESTERDAY I WAS BEATEN BY A 99 CIVIC SI WIT TURBO. MAN THAT LITTLE CAR WAS FAST MY GS WAS MOVE PRETTY GOOD FOR A BIG CAR BUT JUST NOT QUICK ENOUGH. I CANT WAIT TO GET DA 6 SPEED ON THE ROAD I THINK THE STORY WILL BE A LITTLE DIFFRENT THEN.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sorry to hear that dog. As soon as I read the first line. All i could say was, "AAAWWWWWWWWW! :eek: " It's alright man. Chalk that up to a bad day, and remember that cat when you get that 6.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
You could look at it this way.....

Stock GS vs. Stock Civic........ GS says see ya...

He probably spent a couple grand on his turbo kit while your engine remains stock (I am not sure what you have), and will woop a lot of cars on the road still..

Oh well... you win some you lose some:rolleyes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh well, i think he should kept fixing it up so he finally ends up with a fifty thousand dollar car that is STILL JUST A HONDA CIVIC.

I am glad he has such a fast car that still doesn't have anti lock brakes.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
now now,
let's play nice. just playing devil's advocate. i'm sure he takes pride in his ride as we do ours.

also, i have a friend who has a red si with a turbo, but it's on a b18 engine. honestly, the B series engines have the most potential for upgrading.

so instead of trash talkin the ride, i'd give props to the owner for making the effort to make his car a bit faster.
just my $.02

-j

·
Registered
52 Posts
all i am saying is if you fix up a legend you end up with a LEGEND, and if you fix up a civic you end up with a supd up economy car.

I can't knock civic's to bad because they are made by honda who makes acura.

I luv legends

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
It kind of reminds me when those Tuboes Civic and Integra boys beat some NSX drivers and brag that their $20K car killed a $90K car. All I hear the NSX driver saying is "Who cares? I'm still going home in my NSX while your going home in your Civic" ")

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
personally i think the H22 and H23 are the engines with the most potential. I was at the drag strip last night and a black lude ran a 14.1 with a turbo it was pretty quick.

·
Registered
398 Posts
only problem with preludes is they kind of heavy. my mom used to have a 97 sh. i used to love takin that thing out on the ave on weekends! its real fun to drive and handles nice. as far as those civics, i think millions have em, and plenty of kids have intake and exhausts on them and think they are fast, so lets big up those who go the extra mile to make their civics beat our legends! personally, ive seen maybe 3 civics in my life that made me say damn!, that sh** is hooked up!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
YO Leon.

i was in my friends 2001 maxima and we raced the accord mahdavi motorsports droped did with a H22A i believe and it was sooo fast. its nice. You should definately do it

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
dont worry about it Legend95GS, just remember that even though the Legend is a fast car, there are other cars out there that we just cant simply beat and being that most cars have a very large aftermarket support this helps them out even more than the things we have for our legends.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts