Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm not an expert on this stuff, but I do have some experience with it. According to what I've heard from my friends who are professionals in the field and from putting together my own system, I've learned that the crossover and all those adjustments on the deck are completely freakin worthless. If you have amps with built in crossovers, that's what you wanna use to control everything. Even more worthless than the frequency settings on the deck are all those bass boost type deals. Just turn that stuff off (I think that crap actually contributed to me blowing one of my amps!) If you wanna keep those frequency settings on, the way you would set them is as follows: Whichever frequency you choose will be the cut-off point for what your speakers are reproducing, so if you set the bass to 60Hz, then that will supposedly be the highest frequency your woofers will reproduce and the rest will be sent to whichever speakers you have doing your mid-bass. At least that's how it works on my Alpine deck, so I figure it should be about the same. I hope that helps :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts