Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, most of the issues I'm having seem to be where the exhaust portion bends upward. I thought I had resolved the problem, but it returned today after some driving.

You know the sound bad shocks make when you go over a bump, it's similar to that, like something loose hitting against another object under the car. Most noticable at low speeds with no other sounds in the car. (Such as my radio...)

It seems with the car's vibrations the exhaust slightly moves left/right (wobble)...This causes the entire pipe to move a bit that's attached to the exhaust..and on the upward slope, it's hitting some metal at the very top when it wiggles right. Causing the sound... Picture here...

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
i'd recommend checking all the rubber hangers. maybe one has ripped or is in bad shape.

I had this exactly problem with my oem exhaust, i ended up using, 4 rubber hangers instead of 2 on the muffler and it solved my problem.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, I'll inspect the rubber hangers when daylight hits. I'm pretty sure I recall them all being okay though.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Alp, can you give me a little more depth on what you did exactly?

It's definately the vibrations of the engine as they travel down the pipe. Doesn't do it when the car is cold, only when it's been running for a bit. If I hold the muffler with my shoe...the noise stops...same for the pipe. So the noise is coming from that spot.

It's pretty annoying when you're at a stoplight, sounds like something broken almost lol

EDIT:
Can it be related to my suspension setup? Full stiff pretty much on the Konis.. lowest perch all around.. Eibach Springs. Maybe I should have set the fronts to upper perch... might balance out the rear end some more? Car is kinda slanted as it is....thinking it maybe moves the pipe a bit more and hits the top...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts